Which Aero Precision mount...extended or SPR?

roky0702

The Aero extended has 1" forward offset and the SPR is 2" offset. Those who have Aero mounts, which did you go with?

Last edited:
I went with the extended which is in between the other two models they produce. I like it a lot. There will be another one in my possession soon.

Last edited:
I have 2 extended mounts....they work great, don't see the need for the spr mount..I think with a hefty optic on it under recoil it would flex..but that might just be me

I'm glad I found this thread because I also have been trying to decide between the extended or the SPR...

Question for owners: I've heard that it can be difficult keeping the optic straight/level while tightening the rings - any truth to that?

No, that's a silly complaint. Align the scope reticle like any other rings. When you get ready to tighten the screws, use one finger to hold the scope steady against the fixed side of the rings so the scope does not rotate. I was successful on my first attempt. It's so easy, it boggles my mind this keeps getting brought up.

Extended here also. I had to adjust the scope slightly offset so that when I tightened down the screws it leveled out. Took a few times till I got it perfect...

I've been looking at mounts for an AR also and the Areo mounts look like a flimsy, little bump would bend them. Your thoughts please. I went with the SWFA mount for my 30mm scope, it seems pretty stout compared to the Areo.

I ended up ordering 2 extended mounts and the cantilever red dot mount from Granite Ridge Outfitters (20% off sale). Super lightweight, unique and easy installation, and secure.

Back