Beagles running fox and coyote seems to be only in the East

Jonheson

Fist off if this is in the wrong spot sorry but I thought since it seems to be something only done in the East might have some look here was looking for anyone who runs fox and or coyote with beagles find out about it by accident but seams to be something that is done somewhat from what I can find it is because a lot of Hunter's in the East don't have a lot of open land to hunt and a beagle does not push them as hard as the bigger fox hounds would so the game stays in the area often running a big lop were the hunter can get a shot I was looking for anyone who has worked like that because it makes sense in a lot of ways what I just don't get is how the dogs are not cut up or killed ever time but from what little I can find is it just doesn't happen

Ask down in the "Lions, bears and houndsman" forum. That's mostly where the dog guys hang out. I've never personally heard of beagles used for that job. Here the guys that run coyotes are using a bigger framed longer legged running hound of various breeds, but no beagles.

Back