Apache vs X-Caliber???

pyscodog

Is there a difference or are they the same barrels? Apache doesn't say what brand their tubes are but they also sell X-Caliber barrels.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIs there a difference or are they the same barrels? Apache doesn't say what brand their tubes are but they also sell X-Caliber barrels.

I just got my barrel in 6mmx223 from Jim @ apache and he uses Green Mountain blanks in either stainless or blued for the "budget barrel builds" that most people are looking for. For the long range accuracy builds that people are looking to do he uses X-caliber blanks. Price difference is approx $100. He does have both Green Mountain & X-caliber barrels available depends on how much your willing to $$$

Last edited:
Adam Bentley with Dresden Gun Company has installed more than 40 of the X-caliber barrels and told me that he has been very impressed so far with them. My next build will have one.

I had jim @ apache gun works turn me a new barrel for my savage lrp 243. Its an excalibur 26" ss 1:9 twist.Only have 20 rounds down it.Am very pleased so far. Buy one with confidence. Gary

Back