Looking for load data for the 22-243 winchester

I've only worked up one load so far and it's safe in my gun although close to pressure signs.

46.5gr Retumbo
Win Large Rifle Magnum primer
Lapua neck turned brass
80gr Berger

Rifle is a Savage 12FV SA with a Shilen 28in 1in8 twist(.250). Velocity is 3350fps and will shoot under half in. I truthfully haven't spent much time on it to see what it can really do.

There is quite a bit of info out there using Re 22 and 25. I've got some H1000 to try and maybe gonna get some H4831.

This site alone has some load info if you do some searches.

Thank you for the good info. I have looked at various reloading sites ,but no info. I am thinking about going with 75gr amax points but we'll see. again thank you.

One other thing I was told by someone is that if you are using a Shilen barrel with a .250 neck you may be able to get by with just sizing Win brass without neck turning. I'll be buying some to see if that's really the case. Good luck with it and share your results.

Looking for load data for my 22-243 I want to shoot 70 grain barns tsx or barns 62 grain ttsx

Last edited:
I've only worked up one load for mine and 47grs of h1000 seated a little over .010" off the lands seems to be working pretty well

20160524_192028_zps1uza9wjg.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: furnLooking for load data for my 22-243 I want to shoot 70 grain barns tsx or barns 62 grain ttsx

What BBL length? BBL length will help determine proper burn rate.

Back