JP Silent Capture Buffer?

Berserker

Does anybody have any experience with these JP Silent Capture Buffer spring unit. I hear they are great and get rid of that annoying springy noise. I have a Noveske with an 8 inch barrel (300 Blackout) would it require any different tuning or is it kind of a plug and play deal? Does shooting surpassed matter? Any insight would be great.

I have one and I love it. I shoot it on 6x6.8 spc suppressed 18 inch barrel. I have the kit that came with the 5 different springs so I could switch them out if I needed. If you don't have an adjustable gas block I would get the kit with the multiple springs.

I love mine on my 9" AAC BO. No "sproing" sound when shooting suppressed. I got the kit with the extra springs as well, but didn't have to change from the stock spring.

They are pretty much plug and play, although if you use your lower with different caliber uppers, you might run into BHO problems. YMMV. Kind of a PITA to change the spring though.

Absolutely well worth the $$$.

I have 2 of the original JP Buffers and 1 of the Gen 2's in the mail. The sproing noise you are hearing will disappear. They are fantastic but the original is a bit heavy. The new Gen 2 that they are selling are much lighter, the rod is now aluminum instead of steel and the total package is 2oz lighter than the original. You will most likely need the heavy spring version if you have an SBR or Suppressor or both. I have been happy with the stock heavy spring and have not needed any of the additional spring packs just using the stock spring Great product

Last edited:
Just in case anyone cares. I just received my Gen 2 silent captured spring. I compared it to the original model and it's almost 4oz lighter. It's a noticeable difference. Same great quality and No spring noise in a suppressed ar.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve garretthow do you know if you have gen 2 or gen 1. The one I have is I think 2 oz heavier than a regular buffer and spring.

Gen 2 was just released mid March 2016, rod is aluminum as well as the washers, and uses a a lighter material for the spring, The hex head was changed to a more common size. This is what I was told over the phone when my order was made, other than that I have no direct knowledge of their ops.

Last edited:
I don't have a standard buffer and spring available anymore to weigh but it's just under 4oz lighter than the original according to my scale.

Originally Posted By: WhoCaresJust in case anyone cares. I just received my Gen 2 silent captured spring. I compared it to the original model and it's almost 4oz lighter. It's a noticeable difference. Same great quality and No spring noise in a suppressed ar.

Where are you getting them at?

Kind of spendy..

Their definitely spendy. I ordered directly from JP Enterprieses. They work well for me to quiet the spring noise you get when using a suppressor, and it's a suppressed SBR so with the increased blast it slows down the cycling of the action making it more reliable.

Originally Posted By: reddog964Originally Posted By: WhoCaresJust in case anyone cares. I just received my Gen 2 silent captured spring. I compared it to the original model and it's almost 4oz lighter. It's a noticeable difference. Same great quality and No spring noise in a suppressed ar.

Where are you getting them at?

Kind of spendy..

They're not cheap, but they do work well. I wouldn't use it for a cheap blaster but they are nice for a higher-end rifle.

JoeBobOutfitters-JP Silent Capture Spring

I have several in ar10 and ar15 rifles. They sell a spring kit you can help tune the buffer with different strength springs. I love mine and have not got to try the new gen 2. Going to have to find one.

Last edited:
Recently bought a Gen II. I always held off because of the cost/benefit perception. After shooting suppressed for a while I decided to bite the bullet and get one, after the first trigger pull my first thought was, 'that was worth every penny'.

Is it a must buy, if you shoot suppressed I'd say yes. I know they sell a kit with extra springs but honestly, you should really be using an adjustable gas block to get your gas/bolt speed dialed in for each load. I had zero issues using the stock Gen II with both my 6.8 and .223 uppers.

Any machinist's out there? I ended up making my own recently but haven't had time to try it out yet with live fire because I'm still deciding on a spring weight. All the clearances are spot on.

Check out the link. The guy who originally fabbed this up used a small block Ford push rod for the main shaft. Pretty MacGyver but works! I used a piece of 5/16" stainless rod on mine.

Custom Lightweight Buffer System

Brad

Back