which budget scope?

Still waiting for those night hunting videos. Seems most of them are day time, but maybe they don't have time to night hunt for playing with the smart phone scope.

Originally Posted By: jc11

I don't believe this is the X-Sight 2, but if it is, then it still has the problems with flashing video and badly off center reticle which were part of the problems with the X-Sight 1.

The others seem to be pretty good, but to my eyes at least all of them are slightly out of focus. Maybe the shooter was seeing clearly and the recorder was seeing fuzzy or maybe the focus wasn't set quite right. At least it was under some actual hunting conditions with some idea of distances included. Tks for that.

The flickering screen was typical with the earlier models, to my understanding. I read somewhere that the newer models did not have that issue, but I see very little night videos to substantiate that.

The reticle is off-center too, but as I mentioned earlier, the Photon does the same thing if much adjustment is needed to bring the rifle to zero.

The hog hunting scene in the link above looks pretty good, except for the flickering screen and off-center crosshair. The flickering screen would detract from shooting, at least it would for me. I think it would lessen my concentration when squeezing the trigger.

Maybe ATN will get it right eventually. Personally, I just wish they would build a scope that can be used day or night, clear view, no flickering screen, no off-center crosshair and one that focuses well, without all the other stuff they put into the scope (compass, GPS etc.). If they were to do that, I would be a customer.

I purchased an original x-site at closeout pricing to let friends use when hunting with me. I also have a D-740 and no it is not as good but it is cool. If you are not comfortable with a smart phone you may not like it but I think its very usable and like the features. Here is a video of a red fox.

Thanks for the video gnhuntin.

I notice there was little to no white-out when you shot. Were you using a suppressor or flash hider?

Back