Inherited Antlers - Family Keepsake

S.B. I have to touch and feel the antlers and the grips before I know for sure. Yeah, probably, but I have to hold them in my hands! I need a set of (junker) donor grips, and the antlers.

Thanks!

Working on a set of Single 6 grips from this same elk right now.

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1S.B. I have to touch and feel the antlers and the grips before I know for sure. Yeah, probably, but I have to hold them in my hands! I need a set of (junker) donor grips, and the antlers.

Thanks!

Working on a set of Single 6 grips from this same elk right now.

Did he ever send you a set of k frame grips? Also, you ever do holsters?

Last edited:
No, And I haven't done holsters yet. I know a guy who does Kydex. I would refer to him for that. I can do leather but I'd have to have the piece in my hands. My schedule may not make that especially convenient.

So lets put the holster issue on the back burner for the time being. As far as the revolver grips, you said you need junker donor grips. Does that mean if i sent you my good wood grips that they would be ruined in the process of making antler grips? Feel free to pm if you want, or not. Also, i have a stockpile of moose paddles

#Slagiatt Don't know if we covered this in emails, but yes, I'd use the old grips as bases to laminate the antler on to. The fit is guaranteed that way. They die, then resurrect as antler grips!

Back