Aimpoint Pro with magnifier

tbarile

ok, I thought I was going to get an ACOG for my new RRA Predator Pursuit but after reading some feedback I'm looking at a different option. Eotech sounded good until the recall so I've been reading about the Aimpoint pro with a magnifier. How do you guys like it? Most of my shots will be within 200 yds and 50% of hunting will be at night. I already have a scope on another AR and for some reason I am looking to do something different here. Feedback is appreciated.

I have and use both ACOG and Aimpoint Pro Ar's that I hunt with. I dont use a magnifier with the AP and havent felt the need for one, but most of my shots are 100-250m when Im using this AR. For me its quick and easy to get them sighted with the AP. My guns are definitely capable of shooting better than I can make them, but the AP seems to be quicker and easier for me to use. I turn the power way down even if bright daylight, at night its even lower but thats just me.

I have the Aimpoint pro and 3x magnifier on this setup, and I think I use it with the magnifier more often than not. I love it.

Last edited:
I contacted EoTech last night to get authorization to return my EXPS3-0, so I'm in the same boat. I'm considering the Aimpoint Micro T2 and would like to add the magnifier later. I know LaRue is the way to for the QR mounts, but how do you guys know which mounts to get on the red dot and the magnifier to make sure everything lines up, not to mention which height? There are a bunch of different mount heights. I want my setup to day/night capable so I can use it with NV when I want to. Most my shots are 150 and in, but I am old and have less than average eyesight.

Back