Which trigger

AdamT

Building a 6.5/264 for hunting and target shooting, which trigger. It's gonna be a Geissele regardless. Here's what I'm debating.

High Speed National Match
High Speed DMR
SSA-E

I have a Super Dynamic 3 Gun and really like the flat trigger so maybe another one of those or the Super Dynamic-E

My main concern on the High Speed NM is would it be too light on the bottom end for hunting?

primary arms is running one heck of a sale on these triggers the high speed's are $209, I think I paid like $275 for mine a couple years ago. the lightest I want my trigger is 2 pounds on the first stage and 1 pound on the second. I have the match rifle trigger, which is the lightest trigger geissele makes. mine is adjusted a tad over specs its 2 and 1 or there abouts. I adjusted mine that way because it wasn't breaking at consistent of pull weights as I wanted. IMO I think this is a trigger that needs to break in then tweak the adjustment after that. the sear engagement is adjustable. getting it perfect takes some tinkering. you probably should shoot it a bit to see how you think you might want it anyways. If buying again I would be torn between the DMR and match rifle. It would depend on the gun, if it was a gun I really wanted my best stuff in, Ie my calling rifle I am forking over the money for the geissele, if Its just a range AR for some plinking etc. I would save my money and get a RRA VARMINT trigger.

Thanks. It will be a calling rifle mainly. I definitely want Geissele. I've got 2 already and a Timney and I like the Geiselle. The Geissele site is 15% off and free shipping also right now.

Of your options, the high-speed DMR is great and I have one installed in my .223. I'd go with that.

The high-speed national match is the trigger, and the DMR is a subset of that. So the trigger is technically called the high speed national match DMR, and the variation of the dmr subset is a different trigger spring. You can get the three springs from Gessisle and switch between them if you feel inclined to do so and it basically just changes the first stage take up weight.

Main reason I got mine is that it's three way adjustable, you can really turn it up to feel "heavy" and turn it way down to feel like it takes nothing to break it. I turn mine up during hunting season, and turn it down on the range for the summer. Love it.

That being said, i'm putting a Larue MBT in my .308. Feels real similar to the highspeed but its not adjustable and less than half the price right now. I actually think it's smoother, and it suprised me because I talk very highly of my Gessiele's. I really like the wider trigger face of the MBT aswell.

Designated Marksman Rifle

Usually DMR is used such as "Squad DMR" referring to an enhanced weapon platform inside a military unit to be used more as a precision rifle.

Back