A few spring coyotes

Kollincoyote

With the new purchase of a suppressor, and having it arrive this spring, I've been itching to get out and do some hunting and see if I could break this thing in on some coyotes.

I got a text from a buddy telling me he's seen some coyotes while doing field work and he wanted me to come take care of them.

Well the wind wasn't right the first morning I went out so I ventured to a different spot.

I opened with a few howls and had 2 answer back..

Then after 15 mins or so one showed up and I shot it at 100 yards.

That was cool hearing the bullet impact being louder than normal!

A few days later I went to my buddy's farm and was able to call in one at about the 10 min mark. I shot this one at 60 yards. And sent him this pic.

And he reply back... Well?? Did ya get it?

So I sent him this.

A few days later a buddy and I went to another spot. One howled back at us and then showed up at about the 15 min mark.
My buddy shot that at 62 yards.

Then a few days later another buddy and I went out to try and get 4 stands in in a morning..

1st spot we had one howl back.. not a good choice.. it wouldn't come so we went to it.. setup, and about 10 mins later my buddy shot it at 100 yards.

Then very next spot I called one in to about 250 yards and we were sticking out like a sore thumb and it wouldn't budge. My buddy missed, and we were onto the next spot.

After we had set up and had been calling for a bit a doe jumped up and kept staring in one direction.. we both payed attention to that direction and sure enough a coyote was standing there at about 100 yards.. I shot it there as it was sitting like dog.

The next spot was blank.

A few days later 3 of us went to a spot we call "the honey hole"..

After about 15 mins of calling a deer jumped up out of the grass about 300 yards away.. and then it lowered his his and chased off the coyote that was coming in..
Seconds after that I look to my left and a coyote is standing there at 62 yards.. and that's where I shot it..

We'll that's what I've been up too in the last 2 weeks..

If your on the fence about buying a can.. Get one!!

They are a whole lot of fun! And hearing the bullet hitting the coyote is just awesome!

One more pic.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Great pics and thanks for sharing. that took some time on your part to post all those. Which call do you have? Almost looks like my crossfire.

Thanks for the kind words fellas.
11 stands called in 7 singles..

Originally Posted By: jf1073Great pics and thanks for sharing. that took some time on your part to post all those. Which call do you have? Almost looks like my crossfire.

The caller is an old Fury.

Originally Posted By: Kollincoyote
Thanks for the kind words fellas.
11 stands called in 7 singles..

Originally Posted By: jf1073Great pics and thanks for sharing. that took some time on your part to post all those. Which call do you have? Almost looks like my crossfire.

The caller is an old Fury.

Those are some incredible results, especially for southern mn.

Well the last two spots we have went to we've called in a single on both stands and a buddy missed one. Then I missed one.
So that sucks.. posting on here jinxed me!!

Lmao

Originally Posted By: case-nhIs it that cool up there or are you wearing the long stuff because of bugs. Been pretty warm down here in Iowa.

Yes it is hot here and was in early June too.

I wear this clothing to keep the bugs off.. with a lot of spray too.

Back