ORTHRUS 2 HEADED DOG

Wile E Coyotie

it makes no sense - i must be dreaming how do u explain what u r seeing --i bear down and on 10 x again pick up the oddest shaped incoming -?/ wolf / coyote @ 400yrds

the call has only been playing for a few minutes - i could see him coming for a bit now---and its defiantly got 2 heads --- yup u hear it right -- one snapping and snarling on the left and 1 barking and howling on the other -- i am having a hard time - and - no matter what i do i cannot get them to slow down -i shut the caller down - but-he gets through or kinda over the sheep fence like its not really there

-OMG before me is ORTHRUS 2 Headed Dog- I am in the sage - and feeling pretty small -he advances looking for the source of distress -every step he take -his form get bigger-- -the noises he was making -or they - whatever u call it --was intense independently each head seems to have hate for the other snapping and growling --I dare not move

- `i wish i had more time -and another fence line between me and behind the butt of the rifle -
taking aim-with a 300 win Mag and 165 gr Barns X - otta settle things square in my book -most days
at 75 yrds he come to a stop- i was too caught up in it to try and bark - and cut loose with a good hold on the center of left head on 10X --rendering it useless and completely torn --

-i am surprised he is still standing- and immediately he is moving my way --- I had no time to reload and the beast was on me- my head connecting with the fence post as i turned to run- straight smack into it--the ringing intense- i soon found my wife elbowing me to shut the alarm off 3:45am had arrived -i headed to the shower trying to move forward -dazed

its a 1 hr drive and i gotta be there at daylight- --there is alot of pressure the sheep ranch has been getting eating-and today with the help of the Federal Park warden and 2 landowners-we r accessing ground adjacent to Federal Park Grasslands
- Park Warden was right where he needs to b as discussed and checks me into the park with firearms at sun up 5:15 am ---He also closes off the area so no nature hikers are not to b down range---
I have seen the doggs on the flats from the sheep pen - i know they r there -they r wise to me and will not respond or come towards the pen --i have not been able to access this property until now---so with the help of every one this morning -its pay back time and i am almost guaranteed action ---it a small 1/4 section piece boarded by National park on all 4 sides -- only 1/2 mile from sheep pen-

after finding my nest i let out a series of stress bark bark bark - 3 mins - then into pup distress-- @ 4 min mark i can hear on the hill side angry threat challenges- with the binos i can see 4 on the ridge line working their way into the hay flat --out front is a Yappy hairless female - straight from the den --- behind her 100 yrds 3 together like a bed sheet Hard Charging-

I can see she is female out front -- and had decided that because they wanted (Parks Canada) to collect specimens and retrieve carcass that - i would if i could -hold off shooting wet female-specially if i had other choice and waited --i admitted at some point -i was getting greedy thinking i could get more than one -but in good relations to the Warden and park -i passed on her zoning in on the others and it was not the best choice -- she came right to me - smelt me and started to retreat taking the others with her--I did fire 2 shots but they were on running coyotes
and so I suck-- in front of everyone important-- live by the gun - die by the gun-
i am really missing the Swift - it has to b rebuilt -new bolt- the smithy not able to remove the expanded head from the old bolt - and i still got to figure where did all the pressure come from --

next set - i am out to prove something and tell my wife i will not be home without at least 1--
I have used this spot before -and sneak in -Tacoma is stashed in behind dirt mound/dugout--- call is out 65 yrds and i am in rock pile -- there is not a tree in sight - wide open raw natural prairie - couple bunches of cows to been seen but - not much -sight line is 10 -15 miles stretched out in front to the south -- slight ssw breeze- 11;00 am -

call plays 4:17 and from the south on the wind comes hard charger - --i shut the call off - but he continues at a investing pace - right past the caller- heading left- - at about 75 yrd i bark and - poke him hard when he stops #1013 sub adult male -- sage sable red-
i continue to call and at 11 mins i can see 2nd inbound target -- this one working the wind -topping out 120 yrds on the ridge in front -catching it square chest on #1014- Female wet- scrub sable white - most of her tail gone -- both of them sheep eaters-or so labeled

oh and i double checked -both of them only have 1 head - Wile E

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Man you had me. Good stuff Wile. Love your post. Tuff break on the swift. Any chance of left over pistol powder in the hopper?

Nice perspective..

I have thought about taking 2 coyotes to the taxidermist and having him mount me a gaff.. You see a lot of jackrabbits with small deer antlers or armadillos with beer bottles, I have even seen a largemouth bass with false teeth but never a 2 headed coyote..

I have this:

A sloth and 2 headed coyote are bucket list items
lol.gif

Back