Look to Build an AR

chemdawg

I spend 16 yrs in the Army and I know nothing about AR rifles. I have seen them in 308 I wanted to get on in 7mm-08. Does anyone know of a place were i can either build it or buy one already mande. I looked ant the Remington R25, my buddy has not and it jams not mater what kind of amo he puts through it.

one thing you have to be aware of in the AR-10 world is that there's no "mil spec" standard like there is with the AR15. theres at least a couple different possible build patterns out there in the wild.

PSA sells complete uppers, but their PA10 lowers are currently out of stock.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php.../category/4387/

one thing with your buddy's R25 may be magazine related. has he tried PMAG LR's? they feed amazing in my DPMS LR308 pattern rifle.

Check your local gun store, they should have new and used ones. There are numerous sites online like JoeBobOutfitters, AIM Surplus, Palmetto State Armory and PK Firearms that would have parts.

I live next to a military base so unless i drive 40min out of town guns or get it at the PX you are going to pay a fortune for it.

On the AR10-AR15 is something I know absolutely nothing about Nothing I dont even thing i have shot one. I have alway liked My Bolt acting rifles I have a 7mm-08 bold and i love it. I have to have my spine fused and ended up with pinched nerves in my lower back it dose not take much to put me out of commison for a week just by putting my shoes on I bout a Howa1500 and put a blackhawk Axom stock on it the recoils reduction with that stock has less recoil the my 243 i would even say its less then my 22-250 win 70 bull barrel that my dad left me its a tank and he put led in the stock do to him having a severely bad back from Nam he could not take much either. half the guns i have i cant shoot. because of the pain my 30-30 win that was my uncles that he got from a farmer for working for him for the summer and it was probably close to 15yrs old when he got it. I am 39 now is it has some age on it but i love it to back my back doesnt

I Have some peoples with reading and remembering what I read my 2 tours to Iraq left me really messed up Not only did i have to have my spine fused from the tail bone up verbra removed and disks removed the added spaces when the did the pinched 7 -9 nerve endings so i am in constant pain all the time . I wanted an 7mm-08 I dont even know the difference between an r10-ar-15 this my 7mm-08 i have now and love it shoots just a touch over 1/2 group with factors ammo i have every thing to reload i just dont know how Well I think i know how but i dont trust my memory to do it. I dont Have the best memory do to being struck in the head In Iraq and loosing it for a few weeks it slowly came back but i was not he same i did not even know my wife and kids for a while and it took me almost 6 yr of rehab to just be able to write this horribly.

I will try to do some looking around if anyone has some sights to check out i wold aprisate it

Ok i dont know how to post a pic of my computer

Last edited:
A pal has the R25 in .243 & I built a 7-08 upper for him so he has the best of both worlds on the AR10 frame. He has never had either fail/jamb/fail to feed/eject on him, shoots everything he feeds it & his hand loads are sub moa @ 100yds.
The only thing I do not like about AR10s are the weights...just way to heavy.

5spd i have heard 2 story on the r25 some said it shot 1/2 moa out of the box other have larger then 1 1/4 i have talk to the one i shot was not that great I wold have sent it back to remington I live by Ft Hood gun around here are over priced by 75-150$ hight then if i drive 45mins to waco or austin area the issue is most days i cant drive the far. I have never been interested in the the last few months I have every thing under the sun as rifles shotguns and muzzle loaders go the issue that started up was my right arm was going numb and i has having pain from between my sholderblad the did an MRI the dotes thing it is a pice of a bullit I was shot in the hit well in the magazine and the bulite splinter the medic was able to pull the ones out in my side th did not go very deep and a a few days befor I was bit by a camel spider and it made my entire side Numbe The bit you and inject you with a novocain like substance so when i was hit i did not even know it tis i got back from my room and took my vest off one of the pieces the think sprawled and lated up next to the spine and is now pushing on a nerve causing my right arm to loose most the feeling and get week i had trouble working a bolt it does not happen often and they said were is at would could cause more problems then leaving it in [beeep] I already have sa [beeep] load of tiny pieces of shrapnel in my upper back shoulder area the will work they way to the to of the skin and i can pick them out I have a really nice 7-08 like i said the bolt was just diffulct to work. if the trigger was not set so light i would not be able to pull it.. I dont care if its an ar10 ar15 your right the remington is a bit heavy but its not any wear near the weight of my 22-250 that thing is a tank someone told me about Olympic Arms makes a decent gun in the game king but they did not have the 7mm-08 they had a 243 wich is fine with me and a 6.8 but i have never shot one or know anyone first hand who was I did call the one gun shop in waco but he said the the 243 he had at bis might shoot 1moa at a hundred wich is a little larger group anything i have I know how to my my bold actions a little more accurate but the AR world is all new to me I am not interested in building one my self I just want to but it at most have a trigger job done to 2 2 1/2 lbs slap a scope on it and be able to take it to 550 600yrs I apricate all the info I am going to look in to the 6.8 but its not what i want and if i am going to spend the money I am going to spend it on what i want not settle for something Unless i have shot that specific caliber i wont buy it was looking at accuracy systems they were a bit pricey but the promise 1/2 moa out of the box thanks for the feed back sorry for the horrible spelling and grammar suffered a head injury in Iraq had to relearn but i have no short term memory so this is about as god as it will get i would fix thing but when i see it it look perfect

First off thanks for your service! I think we can decipher your grammar alright. It looks like you want a really accurate semi-auto in 7mm-08 with a great trigger. Weight doesn't seem to be too big of a concern.

Getting the trigger down to 2.5 lbs might be a challenge, though I have a couple 2 stage RRA that I changed springs on that ended up right in that range. If money is no object I would look at JP Enterprises. Not sure if they do a 7mm but I know they do the 6.5 creedmoor, which would do everything you're wanting to do in spades. They are known for scary accuracy and can keep the weight down.

https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07.php

money is an object I am on my way next week to start the construction on out Retirement home in thailand we just bout 35 rye of land No idea what that is i aches in addition to that he are having the house that was give to use by her parents 15yrs ago or so when we married its getting levels and having apartments built on top of have so work done to the house we have in New York

Weight is not that big of an issue i am not gone it lug it around on ft hood you have use anything but a bow shot gun or muzzleloader if you use a rifle you have to be guided they set you in a blind till 10 or so the go back out at 2 you cant the the blind and it you hit something and it does not drop you have to call the area guild to take you to look of it I am just looking for something that i can firs out to 400-500yrd accuracy and till have enouht to take sound a 110 lb deer In Ny shoot ing a buch that little people wold make fun of me i have taken does at the 145-150b rang the deer hear a tiny and people out here use way to large of gun a lot of times at least in my option Idid get an offer to my a remington r15 in a .30 problem i have never fired on and dont know how the do i was told it was a good round and a good gun for 500$

Originally Posted By: 204 ARFirst off thanks for your service! I think we can decipher your grammar alright. It looks like you want a really accurate semi-auto in 7mm-08 with a great trigger. Weight doesn't seem to be too big of a concern.

Getting the trigger down to 2.5 lbs might be a challenge, though I have a couple 2 stage RRA that I changed springs on that ended up right in that range. If money is no object I would look at JP Enterprises. Not sure if they do a 7mm but I know they do the 6.5 creedmoor, which would do everything you're wanting to do in spades. They are known for scary accuracy and can keep the weight down.

https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07.php
i know i read this somer i just did to could not remember what it said i will look in to the jp I was looking at the DNPS I have heard they were not bad i dont really want to spend 2500 on a gun if i did not have so many i would do it but i just have so so many and i am getting more when i get back from Thailand this summer My Grandfather has the early stages of dementia and cant use them any more he as not take then out of the can in almost 15yrs but the luger he brought home from WWII and a few small officer pistols the the germs carried in there pocket it was meant to kill them selfs instead of being taking prisoners not many used it but i am getting around 20 more on top of every thing i all ready have and have 4 more being sent down from my grandmother in Ny so i cant justify spending 2000$ when i can modify one of the ones i have now i thing 1500 is the most i want to spend if I can then i cant

I was thinkin of buildin my own AR, u just need to go to different stores and get the best prices for the different parts.

Back