Broken Primos trigger stick???

Did you ever take the legs apart and look at the locking mechanism? It's as simple as a metal cam that is spring loaded. When you pull the trigger the cam is released and the legs can move. When the trigger is released the cam turns and locks. If you lost friction, I see two options. There is a plastic bushing around the leg where the cam is positioned, to center the leg. It is broken and leaving too much clearance for the cam to successfully lock the leg, or the cam is pushed down and not able to turn against the other leg.

Last edited:
The silly part was he could have called Primos and gotten it replaced when it first happened instead of needing to hillbilly engineer it.

I forgot a Trigger Stik Tall Mono Pod (not a II) in one of our box blinds for 2yrs. It was badly chewed by packrats and had seized in the open position when we found it. My wife forcibly telescoped it, and from hence on, it wouldn't hold grip. Even out of warranty and an victim of obvious neglect and admitted intentional damage by force, Primos replaced it with a II model.

Best fix is to buy someone else's product and drop Primos...I have found that they don't stand behind nothing they sell. Had a trail camera go bad and for what a new one costs they will send me a replacement if I sent in the bad one...????...as if I was too dumb to figure out that one. They acted like they were really doing me a favor. My trigger stick slips. Did it since new. I called and they said it must be worn out. Primos is junk. I have had better luck with the Stoney Point sticks.

Back