Sow Nailed in Backyard

That looked like an awesome time Skypup! It's looking like me and the family are moving to Florida in the near future.....seriously, we are. I'd love to get in on the action both shooting and eating
thumbup.gif
Keep it up!

Those hogs are nice compared to the ones out here they are either black or dark brown with rough hair and we have to buy a tag every time we hunt for them.You guys are spoiled in FL....so jealous

Nailed another Snacker today while loading up the feeders, Momma was super pissed!

KAC%20SBR4.jpg

shhhh.....one is sleeping on my rig. If I'm real quiet, I can sneak up and whack it.

Be very careful though.

That one has a rifle!!!!
scared.gif

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Skypup looks like your hog population rivals our Fireant Pop.
Lots of 'em.

Thanks Crowkiller, I constantly put heavy pressure here on the ones in my backyard tearing things up and the last few years as seemed to make a difference, but gotta keep on keeping on them as they reproduce like flies....

Walking back home from my backyard stand at sundown came across a sounder munching on some corn in one of my tubes, took one out @ 100 yards with a shot from the KAC SBR.

KAC%20SBR%205.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73You mind sharing your load data?

For the Barnes 70 grain TSX it is 2014 Lake City Brass full length resized, Wolf Small Rifle Magnum Primers, and 25.0 grains of Hodgdon BLC-2. Standard OAL for working in AR magazine. Chrono velocity is 2,720fps.

For the 62 grain Barnes TSX, it is 25.5 grains of BLC-2 and chrono is 3,050 fps.

Here is one I recovered from a 325 pound hog shot at 175 yards:

Barnes%2070%20gr%20TSX.jpg

Barnes%2070gr%20TSX.jpg

If you want deep penetration, instant DRT kills, and solid perfomrmance from your 556mm, you want Barnes TSX.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: Bone breaker 73You mind sharing your load data?

For the Barnes 70 grain TSX it is 2014 Lake City Brass full length resized, Wolf Small Rifle Magnum Primers, and 25.0 grains of Hodgdon BLC-2. Standard OAL for working in AR magazine. Chrono velocity is 2,720fps.

For the 62 grain Barnes TSX, it is 25.5 grains of BLC-2 and chrono is 3,050 fps.

Here is one I recovered from a 325 pound hog shot at 175 yards:

Barnes%2070%20gr%20TSX.jpg

Barnes%2070gr%20TSX.jpg

If you want deep penetration, instant DRT kills, and solid perfomrmance from your 556mm, you want Barnes TSX.

Is that velocity of the barnes bullets from a 16" barreled AR?

Yes, plus you need a 1:7" twist to stabilize the ultra long 70 grain TSX, otherwise use the 62 grain TSX with slower twist rate.

Thanks! Unless you hit them in the dome or the C-spine, I have seen a few run a long ways. I've only been buying Barnes for .308, 300 Blk supers and 6.8. time to try the 5.56

Without a doubt, it is the most penetrating slug available for the 556, and the only slug that penetrates their shield.

Back