Next rifle. What to spend on?

Originally Posted By: ackleymanIf you ever want to put on a custom barrel, Howa, vanguard, Cz, have metric threads, and can be very problematic on the guys that are willing to re barrel them. ON the other hand, savage pre fits that re unreal accurate can be had from numerous sources.

Many very good features are available on the new Rem 783, in addition to an adjustable accutype trigger, barrel nut like savage, Savage type floading bolt head that can be interchanged, and steel detachable magazines. Accuracy gunsmiths checked how true the 783's were machined and many reported that they were better than some customs that they had on hand.

the price is right

Interesting. I have looked at but not fired a 783 before. Liked the way they felt in the hand. Not sure about the Remington quality of late? Also read somewhere that the barrel of the 783 left much to be desired.

I JUST BOUGHT THE CABELAS SAVAGE FV model in 223 cal. 26 inch bull barrel. Accura trigger. 419.00. if you buy before June 30 you get a $ 100 refund check in the mail. I did not need it but to good of deal to pass up. going to use it prairie dog and target shooting when my other gun heats up. Martyd

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANI JUST BOUGHT THE CABELAS SAVAGE FV model in 223 cal. 26 inch bull barrel. Accura trigger. 419.00. if you buy before June 30 you get a $ 100 refund check in the mail. I did not need it but to good of deal to pass up. going to use it prairie dog and target shooting when my other gun heats up. Martyd

Wow! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this deal. Sadly, Cabelas up in EGF did not have one in stock. Associate I spoke with over the phone, said that there are none in the entire company inventory.
frown.gif

Keeping an eye on this one. Hopefully it comes back in stock and I can get one.

Originally Posted By: JaxTeller
Wow! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this deal. Sadly, Cabelas up in EGF did not have one in stock. Associate I spoke with over the phone, said that there are none in the entire company inventory.
frown.gif

Keeping an eye on this one. Hopefully it comes back in stock and I can get one.
She didnt check to hard then as the FV is a basic stock items these days, sells fast though as most only get 4 of them in at a time, (1 of each caliber)
The 12FV is usually on their sales adds every few months or so.

a lot of people dont like them because the are cheap but my axis 243 is th best shooting out of the box it was sub moa i had the trigger redone by a smith it pulls better then any gun i have and it shot just a tad over .5moa is right about .63. .60 moa and places like boyd make stock for them i know there cheap but man is it spot on t the factory stock is light and it is on the cheap side but i like it it has a skinny neck and it just fell like you have good control over the gun if i could have found it in a 7mm-08 i would have bought it over my howa that shoot really good but not as good ant the savage

Back