SilencerCo Spectre 22 Review

Rangerwalker71

This is a little old, but still a good review.
The Efile is not up, and no idea when it will be up.

The Spectre™ 22 has the quietest first round “pop” of any rimfire silencer and is made of durable stainless steel construction, which enables it to handle a range of ammunition from .22LR to 5.7mm. SilencerCo’s unique CTA™ (Click Together Assembly) baffle design makes the Spectre 22 equipped to handle the harshness and debris of rimfire ammunition with ease. After heavy use – even full auto .22LR – the Spectre 22 will remain exceptionally quiet, reliable, and user-serviceable.

SPECS

CALIBER
.22LR
.17HMR
.22 MAG
.22 WMR
.22 Hornet
5.7mm

Weight 6.8 oz

DIAMETER 1.00"

LENGTH 5.98″

MATERIALS Stainless Steel

MUZZLE AVERAGE

.22LR: 113.8 dB
.17HMR: 123.3 dB
5.7MM: 125.8 dB

In Stock for $375 Shipped to your dealer
thanks
RLTW
Steve

Originally Posted By: toastyThanks for posting it up. Looks like it will work great.

I have a pair of them personally.
Great cans. They are a pigs, but you can run anything they them. I even did some full auto 22lr. Funnnnnnnn
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Hands down my favorite 22LR can for the kids to run thousands of round through and keep on performing. I own several of them also. Well worth every penny of that price also.

Originally Posted By: TxhillbillyI love my Spectre II,and it looks great on my S&W 22A.

Sweet Set up. I'll have to get a pic of my Browning Buckmark with my Spectre 22 on it

This is a Spectre II on a Ruger American Rimfire Compact. These are the CCI Standard Velocity, 1070 fps rounds. With the CCI Quiet ammo is just plain stupid quiet. I just picked up some Eley Subsonic hollow points that shoot really well in case I get to hunting and killing stuff with it. I run the can on the same gun, but in 22 Mag for night hunting. You still get a sonic crack, but not much; just a muffled crack/pop and a bullet smack.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Good video of the Spectre. I assume the Spectre II will work OK the 17 WSM?

Yes sir. not a issue at all.
You will have a sonic crack, but at the shooter it will be very quiet. No need for ear Pro.

I just picked up my Spectre last Monday (4/25/16), just shy of 4 months from the day my check was cashed. Already tried a few rounds with it out of my Buckmark and my Savage FV-SR and found that my pellet rifle is louder than this baby!

Originally Posted By: TatonkaIIHow these compare to the Sparrow? I find it's FRP is pretty loud.

Specifically which of the those do you find to have loud FRP? The Spectre II has not had any noticeable FRP on 2 guns I have had it on, regardless of ammo. I just had my son's Savage Rascal threaded and put it on that little puppy...video of it is another thread in here. You will see there is no FRP, none that I notice anyway. Scroll up a little bit and there is video of on a Ruger American, no FRP there either.

Originally Posted By: TatonkaIIHow these compare to the Sparrow? I find it's FRP is pretty loud.

The Sparrow has a 132DB first round measurement.
subsequent shots are 118DB.
Spectre 22 is 117 flat out. NO FRP.

That is the difference between mon-core and stacked baffles.

This was a fun little comparison Dead Air did on FRP for seven different rimfire suppressor. They did the comparison with a 22 pistol as well as 22 rifle and it gives you all the results.

Originally Posted By: B23This was a fun little comparison Dead Air did on FRP for seven different rimfire suppressor. They did the comparison with a 22 pistol as well as 22 rifle and it gives you all the results.

Shocking ...... Not!
smile.gif

This is pretty much dead on with my experience with these two cans. There is a noticeable first round pop with the Sparrow. The sparrow is a little easier to take apart and clean but in the field the Spectre II wins out all day. No FRP rifle or handgun. Screwed it on a Browning T-bolt with subsonic ammo and you will hear the firing pin and the bullet hit the dirt. it is stupid quiet! Wish I would have bought 2 Spectre's instead.

Back