What Are Your Thoughts

I personally would've took some pictures and let them be. I enjoy coyote hunting for sport, and my area has plenty of whitetails. I would about bet more fawns are killed here by hay mowers than coyotes.

Me personally no I don't do it. It's not in me to go out and shoot Coyotes right now knowing they might have pups on the ground.

For example I have no problem going out and shooting ground squirrels but if one runs out in the road I can't intentionally run it over.
I don't have a problem with anyone else doing either one.

Originally Posted By: jpx2rkI see it as a personal decision, no right, no wrong.

It isn't my thing personally. If it's legal I would lean toward the quote above with one exception. The exception is that in my mind no good can come of taking pictures and posting those on the Internet.

I can't judge either, personally I would not have killed the pups unless I was having problems with coyote killing stock and causing issues. But that's just me, I hate PETA and people that try to push their agenda on others.

There was a news piece over the weekend here in Oklahoma about the search for a person or persons believed to have taken pups from a den. Officials are promising to waive fines, etc if the suspects come forward with the pups. I had to no idea it was illegal in the first place, but from the story it sounds like it is, at least in OK that is.

Originally Posted By: jf1073There was a news piece over the weekend here in Oklahoma about the search for a person or persons believed to have taken pups from a den. Officials are promising to waive fines, etc if the suspects come forward with the pups. I had to no idea it was illegal in the first place, but from the story it sounds like it is, at least in OK that is.

That's interesting. How did they find out that a "person or persons" took the pups? If indeed the pups were missing, don't suppose it could have been another predator??? Etc., etc.

Regards,
hm

It was on our local KOCO affiliate in OKC. Can't remember which specific area in OK and I wondered the same as HM1996 as they weren't really clear on why they were so sure a person had taken them. I believe they said the number missing was believed to be five as well.....more info I wonder how they ascertained.

there is a small, but active community of folks who keep mostly wild breeds. i'd wager it was someone who took them to use for a hybridization program or to keep them and/or breed them to sell as exotic pets.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: jf1073There was a news piece over the weekend here in Oklahoma about the search for a person or persons believed to have taken pups from a den. Officials are promising to waive fines, etc if the suspects come forward with the pups. I had to no idea it was illegal in the first place, but from the story it sounds like it is, at least in OK that is.

That's interesting. How did they find out that a "person or persons" took the pups? If indeed the pups were missing, don't suppose it could have been another predator??? Etc., etc.

Regards,
hm

Sounds like the parents filed an AMBER ALERT?
rolleyes.gif

Nothing against shooting pups. if your a rancher/farmer it totally get it.

Wouldn't post a pic of it though. What does that get you?

I love to shoot "grown" Coyotes.

Killing the pups was wrong I feel, even worse was posting the pictures.

Does this guy shoot Bear Cubs, Bobcat Kittens, Mountain Lion cubs .............. you get the picture..................

Back