~Your Way Right AwAy~

Infidel 762

Staff member
I picked off ticks using a flashlight and the side view mirror on my truck. Put on a dry shirt and swigged down half a gallon of warm water. The water was good, better than what is served in most restaurants. With windows down I choose to take the dirt roads home. Rabbit in the head lights as the radio played a song I have not enjoyed in quite some time;

"People come, people go
Some grow young, some grow cold
I woke up in between
A memory and a dream

So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
Let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I gotta go
And you don't know how it feels
You don't know how it feels to be me"

Away from neon lights I replayed views of the day;

Out here there is no fast food.. We do have red mud that washes over the sand of Cimarron River basin. Replayed visions of more snakes;

Replayed my set up on an odd quadrant overlooking the corner of a wheat field. Did some vocals and immediately one started challenging me to my 10 o'clock. I stayed silent for a minute to two then did a few whimpers. Next, I see him skirting the edge of the field along a small berm. I guess him to be a little over 200 yards away. I start to put pressure on the trigger when he disappears back into the brush.

I had the call about 40 yards off the tree line in the knee high wheat. I broadcast baby coyote just loud enough to hear, it was enough to bring him out into the field;

Young male;

Burger King's slogan; "your way right away" does not apply to coyote. Na, he just takes it as it comes.. Eats whatever he can scrounge, but you will never hear him complain.

I have seen this gross situation before.. Coyote eating grass and it passing almost unchanged thru his digestive system.. I have gotten the same effect from certain fast food;

I don't know about "right away" but out here.. Out here i get it "my way".. Alas, I find it always on time;

28 May 2016

I didn't think your pictures could get any better, then you post this one. What are you using? The colors are so vivid and the detail is amazing.......goes with what you are writing. Great job Jeremy on the coyote and a fantastic write up!

thumbup.gif

Love the river shot, Jeremy; the snakes, not so much.
wink.gif
You need to spray your clothing w/permethrin & skip the ticks.

Read an article about a dog that owners took to vet that they were on the verge of euthanizing when an assistant felt a small lump just behind his ear. Removed a tick & dog quickly recovered. I think I posted here a while back.

Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Regards,
hm

NIIIIIIICE. what bullet are you shoot'in Jeremy. found one like that eating cattails once.

Last edited:
thanks for kind words..

Originally Posted By: Predator257RoyI didn't think your pictures could get any better, then you post this one. What are you using? The colors are so vivid and the detail is amazing.......goes with what you are writing. Great job Jeremy on the coyote and a fantastic write up!

I use am APP on my iPad; Aviary. You can adjust brightness and contrast, enhance color, crop, rotate and add borders.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Love the river shot, Jeremy; the snakes, not so much.
wink.gif
You need to spray your clothing w/permethrin & skip the ticks.

Read an article about a dog that owners took to vet that they were on the verge of euthanizing when an assistant felt a small lump just behind his ear. Removed a tick & dog quickly recovered. I think I posted here a while back.

Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Regards,
hm

I need to do that. I thought that was only for mosquitos. This time of year I get drenched in sweat, so I don't know how long it would be effective. Tics are very bad this year.

Originally Posted By: Wile E CoyotieIstay on point and head on down the road-

There is someone I used to see, she don't give a dam for me.

Originally Posted By: old catNIIIIIIICE. what bullet are you shoot'in Jeremy. found one like that eating cattails once.

40 gr VMax

Originally Posted By: MotoHunterMust have been some good weed, and those are some really nice pictures. I think it was a good day for you.

Last time I smoked weed was in my 20s.. Shooting a coyote gives a natural high far better than weed.

Originally Posted By: CastTom Petty channel on Sirrius Xm rocks.

I have it on pre-set

I'm green with envy, looks as though you've had a good couple of days.....out west I'm thinking by the pics? Blood may be worth more than a lot of the wheat I've seen out in the valley area this year......
Just depends on when you got it in.

Quote: I need to do that. I thought that was only for mosquitos. This time of year I get drenched in sweat, so I don't know how long it would be effective. Tics are very bad this year.

I perspire very heavily in the summer and, as advertised, treatment will last up to 6 weeks through numerous washings.
I usually refrest every three weeks or so just to be safe and haven't had a tick since I started using it.

Be sure to follow instructions on can and only apply to clothing, let dry before wearing.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996
I perspire very heavily in the summer and, as advertised, treatment will last up to 6 weeks through numerous washings.
I usually refrest every three weeks or so just to be safe and haven't had a tick since I started using it.

Be sure to follow instructions on can and only apply to clothing, let dry before wearing.
Regards,
hm
I am pretty bad about washing my hunting clothes or even attempting any scent control, especially this time of year Within an hour or two of walking I am already drenched in sweat.. If they get down wind I expect to be smelt. I should think about ticks they are a danger I pay no attention.

Originally Posted By: jf1073out west I'm thinking by the pics? Blood may be worth more than a lot of the wheat I've seen out in the valley area this year......
Just depends on when you got it in.

Yep, in the Cheyenne Valley. All the wheat I have been around this year looks to be a bumper crop. Past few years the heads where empty and to short to bother due to drought.. Rain can be a double edge sword if it keeps up the Red shale in the valley will keep combines bogged down and unable to harvest in time. East of the river regular mud holds moisture longer than the shale..

Back