Start of my next build

AdamT

Got the first few parts of my next build picked up. I've got 2 5.56s and a 6.8 currently so I'm going with a 6.5G/.264LBC this time.

Lower is Aero Precision stripped Gen 2 blem (couldn't find a blem on it though)
Upper is Aero Precision M4E1 enhanced.
Handguard is the new Aero Precision 15" Quantum MLOK

This is my first experience with Aero Precision and I'm very pleased.

I'm thinking a 20" BHW barrel, Geiselle trigger, Magpul MOE rifle stock, and an Ergo DLX grip. Haven't decided on glass yet, going to build the rifle first. Also can't decided whether to put my Atlas bi-pod on it or stick with shooting sticks. Maybe get it dipped in Kryptek when it's all said and done.

Nice parts selection. That one will come out nice.. Be sure and contact Ritch. He can save you quite a few $$'s on your barrel.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterNice parts selection. That one will come out nice.. Be sure and contact Ritch. He can save you quite a few $$'s on your barrel.

Greg

That's the plan
thumbup1.gif
Thanks.

Last edited:
I used aero stuff on my last build. Bhw 6x6.8 20" standard profile. Comes in at 8lb 13oz with scope. 3oz lighter than my 16". Both had bog pod mounts installed

Last edited:
If don't mind me asking where did you buy these at? I'm looking for the exact setup for my 18" BHW 264 lbc barrel in my safe. I went billet last time, but I want forged this time to keep weight down. Thanks

Do ya'll have any problems with dirt, dust ,and mud with the vented handguards. Or do you prefer the solid handguards for those conditions. I have either mud or dust, never a happy medium.

I don't have issues with slots in handguards. 2 of mine have slots and one has holes. I do take them off occasionally and wipe barrels down with some lube. Remove a couple of screws and they come off pretty easy. Wipe down the barrel, slide the handguard back on and tighten the screws down.

The handguards I have currently and do this with are the VTAC alpha rail and Troy TRX Extreme . Will do the same with the Aero handguard on this build. I also have a rifle with regular two piece handguards and I take them off and wipe the barrel down too.

that is one of the big perks to some of the more 'modern' handguards - ease of installation and removal.

theres no loc-tite on the threads to fight, no indexing to screw around with (most of them have tabs of one sort or another), no stupid strap wrenches needed to remove and install, etc.

couple of locking screws, slip it off, do what you need to do and your handguard is back on the rifle in about 4 minutes or less.

plus the whole weight thing....

I love that M-Lok chassis and you can't beat the price, i'm going to have to pick one up after I finish my M5 .308 build. I've been impressed with some of the Aero Precision parts i've ordered for it, first i've delt with them and it seems to be pretty high quality. I went with a Rainer Arms select barrel which is supposedly made by BHW, polygonal.

Back