CZ 527 American scope fit question

bobcat93

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum. Also new to CZ.
Anyway I have been shooting, and reloading for 25 years. Have a safe full of goodies..and I'm pretty good at picking scope mounts and ring combos to fit my rifles.
I need a little help from other shooters who have experience with this combo.
I have a CZ 527 American on hold for me , and I want to put this scope on it
Leupold Vx-2 6-18X40 A/O Target Matte Fine Duplex
Will the factory rings that come with the rifle work with this combo, should I order the warne mid. Rings
Any input appreciated

They'll work....or at least they do with 4-12x40 Leupold's. They are very high (.550). The Leupold ocular clears the bolt if it's a new production gun too.

I like Calhoon's Hunker Mounts.

The CZ Rings should work just fine,I have a Leupold 3x9x40mm Rifleman matte black scope on my CZ Model 527 "Varmint" .204 Rifle and it has no clearance issues at all.Most Guys are putting lower rings on thier CZ's because the Factory Rings sit pretty high,if You go with a larger scope then You may have issues with the bolt hitting the scope then there's an option of just getting a different made bolt handle.

Another thing to keep in mind is the CZ Rifle top is made different and the Factory Rings are different than most since 1 has a key way/square notch on it and there is a front and rear ring so be sure to put the correct 1 in its spot.

Last edited:
I've been reading some guys get a new bolt knob, other grind off and reshape there bolt knob..I would rather spend time and money on ammo and keep the rifle factory less maybe a bedding job.. I was also looking at pics of others 527 with leupolds on there rifles..itapears there sleek ocular lens won't interfear with the bolt knob..maybe I will just order the warne low, and med.hight rings then send back what ever doesn't work..just to get the scope low enough for my liking..

Blackhawk; do the leapold cz 527 med scope rings get the scope down low..in the pics they all seem so high..like I may want to add a cheak rest..lol

Last edited:
While mine is a Varmint instead of the American (I think the actions are the same), I mounted a 4.5-14x Leupold using the stock CZ rings and have never had a problem.. The Leupold is a 1"tube, and if the one you are considering is the same, it should work well..

It will really depend on the size of the Objective Bell lens

Bobcat,

I placed a picatinny rail on my CZ and used Quick Detach Medium rings. I think they are Burris but most any Medium ring should work if you use the picatinny base.

Back