Sheriffs Alert For Az Hunters

azmastablasta

Breaks my heart to read this warning. 2 of my favorite spots are dead center of the alert areas. Always knew there was potential and have had contact with officials and illegals in these areas, always carried extra firearms and ammunition just in case, but this is over the top. Had to quit hunting a large pond area due to Sheriff continuously finding decapitated bodies there. I despise the present administration. BUILD THE DAM WALL!

FLORENCE, AZ - The Pinal County Sheriff's Office is warning hikers and campers of a dangerous threat this holiday weekend -- cartel assassins.

Sheriff Paul Babeu is recommending anyone using back roads, campsites and trails in western Pinal County to be extra cautious and consider carrying a firearm if they are in any wilderness areas.

According to PCSO, Mexican cartels are sending the "sicarios" -- groups of assassins -- to kill rivals trying to steal their drugs. The armed enforcers are expected to target "rip crews", who ambush other transport groups to steal their drugs and money.

"We are taking this threat seriously and believe that the public and my deputies deserve to know that there is an elevated risk of encountering gun violence in certain areas of Pinal County," Babeu said in a Monday press release.

Multiple gun battles in areas south of Pinal County between cartel assassins and rival drug runners have been reported to law enforcement agencies. Deputies have also seen a rise in armed encounters with cartel drug runners, PCSO said.

The sheriff gave three specific locations where gunfights have happened since March:

- I-8 near Casa Grande

- Near Sunland Gin Rd. outside Arizona City

- On the Tohono O'Odham reservation

"I am concerned that when these cartel hitmen have armed confrontations with the rip crews in the deserts of Pinal County, innocent Americans and my deputies are going to be injured or killed," Babeu warned.

“People who think that this is somehow far removed, that it’s happening in Mexico and that we’re all safe here, that’s not the case. This violence is occurring right here in our county," Babeu said.

He said no civilians have been hurt, but he says the warning is for the Southwestern areas of Pinal County.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-central...of-pinal-county

I've always thought it would be nice if we could give Mexico to Israel and let the Mossad clean it up. Then turn the Middle East into one giant barren sandy beach.

Don't worry fellas, right after the president finishes issuing orders on the proper use of grade school bathrooms by gender confused 9yr olds, I am SURE he will start working on this little problem. Priorities people, PRIORITIES!

Originally Posted By: Predator257RoyWhy not open a season on drug runners and sicarios?

Oh, that wasn't politely correct. I'm sorry.

That would certainly take "predator" hunting to a whole new level.

I've been looking for a good custom howler that can be tuned in spanish to resemble wounded, distressed drug runner. Something like this "ayuda que me estoy muriendo"

I was wondering what kind of call to use. Get up wind and start the GRASS on fire?? Pungent smell of it burning might bring some in................

Mexican nationals encroaching into U.S. territory has been a problem for some time. Google Mexican troops enter U.S. and confront law enforcement. Over 200 incidents over the last decade. They get "lost". If I were king I would have a B-52 get lost and accidently bomb the barracks they came from. That would motivate the Mexican government to buy some new GPS units for their troops. Be careful down there folks, God knows DRLM,(drug runners lives matter) and you would be in deep crap if you hurt one in self defense.

Last edited:
I don't think that people like myself, living on the east coast, realize how bad it has gotten. Very sad, and to think our president is letting more drug dealers out of prison.

OP,

I'm not an extremist, right or left. I've voted both ways.

But.... Reagan, Bush and W didn't build a wall either- nor did Clinton.

I guess what I'm asking is why would the actions of these individuals make you despise the current admin?

That being said, it's scary how close to home this and other events have occurred.

I'd edit my above post, but I don't want anyone to think I back peddled.

I just wanted to say thanks for the warning to the locals. I'm going to get back to fishing. I hope everyone gets back to predator talk.

This isn't anything new. The first PM Hunt in Tucson I was hunting way south of Three Points and one of the Border Patrol pulled up while I was heading back to the truck and I was only hunting with my drilling. He suggested that I carry some type of high capacity handgun in addition to my "shotgun". This year I packed a Glock 19 also.

More than once I've come across multiple sandal tracks back in the bush and hidden campsites (tents with brush piled over them). Still haven't run into any scary looking dudes near the border other than Bearmanric in a Gillie suit.

Originally Posted By: CZ527OP,
I guess what I'm asking is why would the actions of these individuals make you despise the current admin?
That being said, it's scary how close to home this and other events have occurred.

CZ, while there are many reasons to despise this admin IMHO, I was not referring to Barry & the boys failure to build a wall, hence I have no concern about previous admins not building one. The issue here is, would a wall help? Heck yeah, will it solve the illegal issue? No way. This admin has created heretofore unknown ways to "Catch and Release" illegal aliens. It has encouraged "Sanctuary Cities". In this and many other matters helpful to the destruction of America as we have known it, it has overstepped it's authority and blatantly thumbed their noses at the Constitution and the hard working salt of the earth, God fearing men and women who are the backbone of liberty and freedom. I don't consider myself an extremist either CZ. I am an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY despiser I guess you could say. I am no longer a Republican and have never voted Democrat in my life. Guess I'm slowly becoming a man w/o a country because the America I've loved no longer exists. At 67 yrs old maybe I'm just getting grumpy. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it and it's not likely to change. If you would be interested in learning more truth about the desperate situation our country is facing I suggest you drop down to the Cabin now and then and enter the CHURCH of The Painful Truth. Feel free to lurk or preferably join the conversation. Sorry for all the sordid details, but you did ask.

^^^^^^^^^^^
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaOriginally Posted By: CZ527OP,

CZ, while there are many reasons to despise this admin IMHO, I was not referring to Barry & the boys failure to build a wall, hence I have no concern about previous admins not building one. The issue here is, would a wall help? Heck yeah, will it solve the illegal issue? No way. This admin has created heretofore unknown ways to "Catch and Release" illegal aliens. It has encouraged "Sanctuary Cities". In this and many other matters helpful to the destruction of America as we have known it, it has overstepped it's authority and blatantly thumbed their noses at the Constitution and the hard working salt of the earth, God fearing men and women who are the backbone of liberty and freedom. I don't consider myself an extremist either CZ. I am an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY despiser I guess you could say. I am no longer a Republican and have never voted Democrat in my life. Guess I'm slowly becoming a man w/o a country because the America I've loved no longer exists. At 67 yrs old maybe I'm just getting grumpy. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it and it's not likely to change. If you would be interested in learning more truth about the desperate situation our country is facing I suggest you drop down to the Cabin now and then and enter the CHURCH of The Painful Truth. Feel free to lurk or preferably join the conversation. Sorry for all the sordid details, but you did ask.

Yep, also;
The current regime is not only gutting the country with amnesty, they are feminizing, weakening and downsizing not just the US military.. Why would we arm, train and supply moderate Muslim para and regular militants half way around the world while shorting our own border security?. On this issue our mainstream media distracts us with images of child immigrants playing off our compassionate left wing bleeding hearts but the issue at hand is a cancer... The Narco wars along our border only shows a percentage of the casualties from brutal murders.. The lives that are destroyed and lost from the drugs flowing across our border are a much greater threat to American citizens than any radical Muslim..

The pseudoephedrine act of 2005 dropped American meth lab production overnite.. Mexican cartels have stepped up to fill the vacuum once supplied by Ma and pa Labs.. The money and corruption from our border is going deeper and more political than it was during past administrations.. the need for a wall has increased under this administration and a large part of it is due to the administrations own actions..

Instead of pouring countless treasure on training and arming.. Ah let's say "moderate Syrian Rebels" or the "Kurds" or the "Iraqi Army" or the "ANA" why not train and arm our own elements that operate under DHS? These are current issues that need to be addressed now regardless of anyone's past actions..

Originally Posted By: CZ527

cz, do you feel the current admin has done a fairly good job of running the country over the last 7 plus years? as good or better than the other admins you mentioned?

Back