Furfindr by Wasatchwild.com

Basilmarvin

I am wondering if anybody here has had any experience with a call by the name of Furfindr made by Wasatchwild? The ad sounds good and the price is hard to beat ($25)if it works. I would be using it for photography.

Thanks,

Basil

I have a few of those.They work great for calling bobcats to your trap sets.I would think they would work great as a close range predator call for you to take pictutes.Just hang in a tree and if they hear it they should come for a mug shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They work very well for a small caller and have very good volume. Designed primarly for trappers that want a call to attract multiple animals to a set location.

They can be used for predator calling in heavy brush or small canyons for those not having the expense for a CD or digital player, also for those who don't want to be using a mouth call.

Not similar to any of the DSE products cept maybe for size.

Not for everyone but they do serve a purpose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I use the furfindr to attract predators to my trail cameras. It works great for that, but I don't think it would work for an electronic caller unless you have lots of patience. Mine has attracted bobcats and cougars
Bob

Last edited:
The DSE Cat Killer will also do great for trail cameras. If you’re in cat country the unit will need to be placed in a cage. The bird will get mauled. Canines usually run of when the camera flashes but cats don’t. Since its introduction early this year 1000’s have already been sold. Mostly to damage control trappers using them to catch feral cat that have became smart and nothing else will works. Because of large demand we are working with a large company to mass produce and distribute several DSE Products including a new e-caller using a new technique to store sounds that will make digital callers a little more economical. The mini version will feature 8 digital sounds (no time loops), remote control, decoy, and will fit in a shirt pocket.

Hi Basilmarvin,

Just thought I would pass some information on to you and others interested in the inexpensive units. Some of our field staff members are currently testing a new product that we have designed. It is a very small portable unit, and gets louder than you may think. It features a timer built in, and emits a bird like sound. It will also retail for around $25.00. Once the testing is complete, we will make them available. Thanks!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO, Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"

The True Leader.
Often imitated, never equaled

Thanks, Mike, for the update. Any idea when this unit will be ready? I plan to use whatever I buy for photography of predators or whatever else gets called in.

Thanks,

Basil

Basilmarvin,

We have some that are ready to assemble, but we do not want to market them until we are convinced of their success. Once we get the nod from our field staffers, then we can make them available. They could ship as early as mid to late September. Thanks!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO, Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"

The True Leader.
Often imitated, never equaled

Back