Medical Marijuana: yay or nay......

Dropadoglv

What do you guys think about this....here in Nevada is becoming a smaller version of Colorado. I've read quite a bit about this "miracle cure" as it has been referred too as doing some good for certain physical issues??? What's your take on this issue......

Well remember, you asked for it. Just thoughts without regard to grammar
1 smoking is bad per govt most smoke weed
2 even easier for kids to hey mister somebody right now they have to know someone legalized you wait in the parking lot just like booze
3for every person that smokes you have to take into account that person that will look for a bigher high
4 what can weed do that another drug cannot
5 it is still a banned substance by feds
6 smoking impairs driving same as alcohol
7 I feel like every test is biased toward weed because of the number of researchers that want to see it legalized
8 most smoke and get high and claim the benefit when the research was connected to the thc oils
9 cant absorb thc oils from smoking
10 MAKE IT LEGAL FOR ME TO BE A DEAD BEAT DOPE HEAD

I don't support the wide spread legalization like Colorado's laws but I don't support the big pharmaceutical companies ether. Marijuana certainly isn't what we were told growing up and it doesn't have a huge negative impact, but I think it has a slight negative impact.

It should be made legal for medical reasons, if it really does work. I can tell you if I ever come down with a medical condition that pot could help with, I wouldn't be using the drugs from big pharma.

Real "Medical Marijuana" is rarely needed to be smoked...There are processes that deliver it in pill and liquid form that does not cause the normally recognized negative physical effects...but is beneficial to the patient..

Florida had it on the last ballot and it was narrowly defeated, partly due to the wording of the proposed bill that would have allowed almost any street corner hustler to claim exemption for medical purposes as a distributor since no register had been established...There were also no requirements for the "Medical" processing and grading of it..

I think weed is way better than alcohol. No cars have been crashed, marriages ruined, kids beaten or stupid bar room brawls because of weed. Alcohol causes people to act like scum. Weed causes people to eat Doritos.

I say outlaw alcohol and tobacco and legalize weed.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksWell remember, you asked for it. Just thoughts without regard to grammar
1 smoking is bad per govt most smoke weed
2 even easier for kids to hey mister somebody right now they have to know someone legalized you wait in the parking lot just like booze
3for every person that smokes you have to take into account that person that will look for a bigher high
4 what can weed do that another drug cannot
5 it is still a banned substance by feds
6 smoking impairs driving same as alcohol
7 I feel like every test is biased toward weed because of the number of researchers that want to see it legalized
8 most smoke and get high and claim the benefit when the research was connected to the thc oils
9 cant absorb thc oils from smoking
10 MAKE IT LEGAL FOR ME TO BE A DEAD BEAT DOPE HEAD
6 Respect your opinion! Keyword: "medical purposes" only! For me, never tried it nor would I want too. G19g4....funny but true....lol

Last edited:
^^ you better quit smoking now if you really believe that. & over to my house and I will take you for a.ride and point out the houses where you can go and ask for yourself. I have been in fights over not smoking with someone who wanted me too. I can show you homes and businesses that were lost behind " just a little smokin dope."

My cousins will tell you that dope is poisoned these days with too many outside chemicals. They are real bikers that make their living out of the handle bars of bike. I like to ride with them because they dont carevif the sun comes up or not. I have also been told by them that they wished that they had never even heard of mary wanna.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicks^^ you better quit smoking now if you really believe that. & over to my house and I will take you for a.ride and point out the houses where you can go and ask for yourself. I have been in fights over not smoking with someone who wanted me too. I can show you homes and businesses that were lost behind " just a little smokin dope."

My cousins will tell you that dope is poisoned these days with too many outside chemicals. They are real bikers that make their living out of the handle bars of bike. I like to ride with them because they dont carevif the sun comes up or not. I have also been told by them that they wished that they had never even heard of mary wanna. you might want to actually read what I posted...never tried it, nor do I want too! Period! the reason I asked: dispensaries are opening up all over here. I also read that the VA hospitals are considering treating military vets that have completed their service, treating them for PTSD. But this I'm unable to confirm. But, I must say....I believe it's much better than alcohol! And related vehicle deaths. "Medical marijuana" is much different than street weed! I will add...OldTurtle is correct.

Last edited:
It has it's places for those suffering with cancer, glaucome, and other illnesses. Not as a cure but as a pain releaver, nausea, and other things. Unfortunately its been to exploited by phony DR's issuing medical marry Jane cards for anything and everything to the point its almost a joke.

Originally Posted By: G19g4I think weed is way better than alcohol. No cars have been crashed, marriages ruined, kids beaten or stupid bar room brawls because of weed. Alcohol causes people to act like scum. Weed causes people to eat Doritos.

Plenty of lives ruined by the little green bud.

Originally Posted By: G19g4I think weed is way better than alcohol. No cars have been crashed, marriages ruined, kids beaten or stupid bar room brawls because of weed. Alcohol causes people to act like scum. Weed causes people to eat Doritos.

I say outlaw alcohol and tobacco and legalize weed.

Disagree... You should do some unbiased research on how things are turning out in Colorado.

Dropadog, that was not posted at you. Sorry that you took it that way. Just my opinions and experiences. I agree that most of the research that I have read is based on the oils and not smoking. I was disagreeing with G19g4.

Rockknocker, those boys have used and will still use anything for a party.

My last post on this subject. Like most things, its your life do as you will with it. I just gave my opinion. Smoke em if you got em.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: G19g4I think weed is way better than alcohol. No cars have been crashed, marriages ruined, kids beaten or stupid bar room brawls because of weed. Alcohol causes people to act like scum. Weed causes people to eat Doritos.

Plenty of lives ruined by the little green bud.

Plenty of lives ruined by drugs, probably do to hard drugs but most people don't want to admit that they did hard drugs and couldn't control it. So they blame weed. I have never in my life saw or heard of anyone losing anything do to JUST weed. Ever.
Alcohol and real drugs plenty.

Plenty of lives ruined by the little green bud. [/quote]

Plenty of lives ruined by drugs, probably do to hard drugs but most people don't want to admit that they did hard drugs and couldn't control it. So they blame weed. I have never in my life saw or heard of anyone losing anything do to JUST weed. Ever.
Alcohol and real drugs plenty. [/quote]

You probably haven't lived long enough !!

G19g4,,,Quote:No cars have been crashed, marriages ruined, kids beaten or stupid bar room brawls because of weed....Not a totally true statement..I've worked vehicular accidents where the driver was wasted on Weed..I know a couple of marriages that went down the drain due to excessive Pot use where the party was so bad that they quit doing anything constructive or positive..The same goes for child neglect..

You need to expand your personal experience before making an inclusive statement like that..

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerIf weed is able to ruin your life you are a hopeless loser to begin with.

Right!

I have lived long enough. I have seen people taken down by booze, herion, coke, pills etc.
I have hung out with X addicts of all sort. Our big city has a huge huge herion problem.

I have had the conversation a million time "why would u do that knowing it could ruin you and kill you" was my question.

Truth is people who use marijuana are cops, firemen, doctors, law makers and so on.
It is a simple and safe way to unwind and relax. Way safer than booze.

And if someone "lost it all" it was because they were not a smart person anyway or stepped over into real drugs. Weed has never ruined someone or caused someone to go on a crime spree. The THC just does not effect people like that.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleG19g4,,,Quote:No cars have been crashed, marriages ruined, kids beaten or stupid bar room brawls because of weed....Not a totally true statement..I've worked vehicular accidents where the driver was wasted on Weed..I know a couple of marriages that went down the drain due to excessive Pot use where the party was so bad that they quit doing anything constructive or positive..The same goes for child neglect..

You need to expand your personal experience before making an inclusive statement like that..

Ok. Maybe weed causes people to crash cars. I guess it happens. But how many thousands of percent is a person less likely to crash from weed than booze?

Back