Ithaca Turkey Slayer for coyotes

Most any shotgun can be tweaked with loads and chokes to get the most out of it. Even the simple single-shot break action would be viable, though maybe not everyone's 1st choice.

It comes with 1 tube and I really haven't researched what tubes it accepts but the gun will be here Wed. I know their deer slayer 3 is very accurate with the fixed barrel design. I guess I will find out soon enough. Another bonus is that it only has a 3" chamber.......ahhh my shoulder and cheek bone like that. It is supposed to put lighter loads in tighter patterns than big pay load shells. Wouldn't that be nice. I heard this all before though.

Last edited:

ITHACA INFORMATION

Ithaca has used three different choke designs. The first design used in all Ithaca shotguns was the Tru-choke in both 12 and 20 gauge guns. Several years later they changed the choke to a Browning Invector/ Winchoke for the 12 gauge guns. To the best of my knowledge this design was not used in the 20 gauge guns. Ithaca’s of current manufacture use a choke with the outside dimensions typical of Invector Plus chokes but are based on a .730 bore dia as cylinder.

Above is some info off the net, your owner's manual should steer you in a direction for compatible chokes. Of course you could try the chokes that come with it also.

Over the years I've often went to Trulock Chokes and got some version of their 'Precision Hunter'.

https://trulockchokes.com/cart.php

Back