New 6.5 Grendel Build (FINISHED!!!)

Jagorrell84

Hows it going everyone? So my very first AR build is just about completed. I decided to go with 6.5 Grendel because its a very intriguing round that I wanted to try out. I absolutely love the rifle so far. Its 95% done as all I am waiting on is my Tactical Link Convertible Bungee Sling and Bobro Dual Lever Scope mount that will be here tomorrow. I am also changing the grip out but overall I am very happy with the way the build has turned out.

Specs:
BHW 20" Stainless Fluted 1:9 Barrel
JP Brake
Syrac Ordinance Adjustable Gas Block
Noveske NSR 16.7 Rail
Noveske Keymod QD Mount
Noveske Gen3 Matched Receiver Set
Geiselle SSA-E Trigger
JP Silent Captured Spring Buffer
Magpul UBR Stock
Tactical Link Convertible Bungee Sling
Bobro Dual Lever Scope Mount

Update: 3/24/16
My Build is finally finished and exactly how I want it! So Stoked to be done and it came out exactly as I visioned.
IMG_20160324_213436_zpshypyw0gl.jpg

IMG_20160324_213608_zpssbb897rq.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterThat's a winner right there. Congratulations.

Greg

Thanks brother. I am still debating on whether or not I should get a PRS Stock for it or keep the UBR. Its a tough decision.

Originally Posted By: Jagorrell84Originally Posted By: GLShooterThat's a winner right there. Congratulations.

Greg

Thanks brother. I am still debating on whether or not I should get a PRS Stock for it or keep the UBR. Its a tough decision.

Keep the UBR. The PRS is not it's all cracked up to be IME.

Originally Posted By: Smokin BarrelOriginally Posted By: Jagorrell84Originally Posted By: GLShooterThat's a winner right there. Congratulations.

Greg

Keep the UBR. The PRS is not it's all cracked up to be IME.

I was thinking that. I just my scope mount in the mail today so I'll have to get it on and see how it feels. It looks like the PRS might be able to be set back further but it's hard to tell from pictures. I'll just keep the UBR and see how she works for me.

The Luth-AR MBA stock is another option. My favorite stock, from ARs to bolt action chassis, is the XLR Tac Lite stock. That would look nice on your build.

Originally Posted By: roky0702The Luth-AR MBA stock is another option. My favorite stock, from ARs to bolt action chassis, is the XLR Tac Lite stock. That would look nice on your build.

That is a pretty nice looking stock as well. I am going to use my UBR and see if it fits me well.

Originally Posted By: bryan hCongratulations very nice!

Thanks Bryan. I am extremely happy so far. Now if it shoots as good as it looks then I'll be happy as a pig in...

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaSweet looking rig! Let us know how she shoots and with that BHW barrel I bet she'll shoot lights out!

Thanks brother. I'm hoping that's the case for sure haha. Hopefully I'll have some time in the next few days to get out and spend a few hours with her getting good the spring and gas block adjusted just right and sighted in.

Well I have decided I love this rifle so much that I have everything coming for a clone build but in .223 Wylde. Cant wait to get it together either and post pictures of the finished result.
IMG_20160423_223714_zpsfmkr4iii.jpg

Back