Lehigh Controlled Chaos bullets, anyone try them?

SmoothYote

Just came across these and they look interesting... Might try some of the 55gr in the .22-250 for yote punching. I am also intrigued by the .308 offerings, including the 79gr out of my .300 Win
laugh.gif
... Heck they even have a "appropriate" .416 version for my Taylor such that I take it on a calling trip one of these days lol

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/bullets

Last edited:
I ordered some in 45gr to try about a week and a half ago. Haven't checked the mail due to being on graveyards. At 35 bucks for 100 I'm sure they're won't be enough difference to justify them over other 45-55gr bullets. Time will tell I guess

Loaded a few to go shoot maybe tomorrow or Saturday. Have to sight my scope in and then check them. They are pretty
27gr TAC @ 2.250"

Last edited:
Honestly I haven't even shot the 5 I loaded yet lol. Work sucks after a schedule change. I'm sure they'll work fine. But I also think you don't need to spend so much on bullets for a 223.

I'm searching for a fast light 22 250 bullet for maximum pbr. If these are as advertised, might be the ticket.

Edit. That arent prone to splash.

Last edited:
They worked as advertised for me but I was shooting them at slower 223 velocities. I doubt that they would splash.

I got good accuracy with the controlled chaos, their CQB bullets on the other hand were giving me horrible accuracy in the 6X6.8

I bought some of their lightweight 6mm CC to try in my 243 whenever I get the rifle back from the gunsmith

I shot a jack rabbit today with one at about 80 yards and it looked like the poor thing stepped on a landmine! They are accurate out of my sportsman too. I'm gonn a load the rest up and do some coyote calling next weekend. I've only shot 10. But they are nice

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89Redleg did you get any exits?

All were broad side shots and all had exited. Some of the petals most have exited a few times as well because there were numerous holes. Never skinned them to see exactly how they performed, but the handful I shot with them did die.

This was just taking a charge out of Ramshot load data for a 45gr bullet and loading them. The 45s are as long as some 55/60gr bullets since they are brass not copper and lead

Back