LC brass questions?

ohihunter2014

I found 2 deals on brass.

1) gandermountain has 250 top brass but the bag says 223/5.56 once fired military brass. I shook the bag around and its LC, FC AND WIN. brass and the dates appear to be consistent.

2) Midwayusa.com has 250 Lake city 223 brass but it says its lake city brass but stamped FC or AE.

what do you guys think? I'm loading for a bolt gun for accuracy.

http://valhalladistributing.com/

give him a look. its raw brass milsurp brass, but he's selling at $45/1k for FC headstamps when bought in bulk.

if you want smaller quantity he sells filled ammo cans with 640 or 1200 pcs respectively for 30/50 cal cans.

you'll need to swage or ream the primer pockets of course, but thankfully its a one time thing.

i got some of his LC 7.62 brass a while back, very nice stuff, very low cull rate.

hth

If you are looking for LC headstamped brass, checkout these guys:

http://brassbombers.com/main.sc

I have had great luck with all of the 5.56 and 7.62 brass I have purchased from them...I go with the just "cleaned" offerings, and do my own de-crimping/prep, but they have more prepped offerings.

Squeeze

if i were to buy from brass bombers ....$87 for 1k just cleaned vs $97 for 1k cleaned, deprimed and swaged - paying the extra $10 for the 1k lot to have them swaged would be a no brainer.

just my $0.02 usd.

^^^^^^^ this is who I use as well. Just purchased 2000 LC Cases all cleaned, deprimed and crimp removed. Good stuff

Last edited:
Just paid $49 for 500 new LC 15's from sportsmans warehouse. Haven't loaded any yet, but I thought that was a good deal as I like re-loading into LC brass. I still have a few thousand once shot stuff, but the price was too good to pass on.

I just got 500 pcs from Brass Bombers, it's clean and all the crimps are removed. I'll gladly pay $10 more to keep my fingers working for a little while longer.

Originally Posted By: WhoCares^^^^^^^ this is who I use as well. Just purchased 2000 LC Cases all cleaned, deprimed and crimp removed. Good stuff

how long did it take for shipping and how many different years on the headstamps? loading for accuracy in 2-3 bolt guns.

thanks.

even with a bad mix of headstamps on the years, with a lot of 2k pieces, i would think you should be able to fairly easily put together a group of brass for all 3 guns without any issue.

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: WhoCares^^^^^^^ this is who I use as well. Just purchased 2000 LC Cases all cleaned, deprimed and crimp removed. Good stuff

how long did it take for shipping and how many different years on the headstamps? loading for accuracy in 2-3 bolt guns.

thanks.

I haven't looked at the years as that doesn't matter to me, the shipping was immediate and I received the lot in 3 days

Back