HELP! My next suppressor, a trust, and my situation

Predator257Roy

Purchasing a Thunderbeast 223A for my SBR straight from Thunderbeast. I'll have a seriel number I about 2 months. I live in Tennessee......but am moving to Florida in a month and the wait for the suppressor will probably be 9-12 months I'll guess. How do I set up a real legitimate trust? Do I have to pay a lawyer? 199trust.com or other? Local gun shop guy said nobody there has ever paid for a trust. How does that work? I'm moving to Florida, so what do I do with that? Fill it out with a Florida address? Keep my TN I.D. and get it here.? Do transfers cost $100 everywhere or is the local shop ripping me off? That seems high to me for as little that is involved. Any reputable guys to do my transfer in central florida? Do I need a florida lawyer to write up my trust? Online trust service? Use a template for my own trust, if so which one. This is even harder thank figuring out form fours for the first time.
I think that is all the relevant info, if not let me know. I just want to do a trust since this will be my fourth, and not my last, so I should have done this from the get go. What is the best way to go about this.
Also, will be looking for hunting buds in Florida. Moving to Morriston, near Ocala.
Thanks for any info guys!

I bought my trust from Silencer Shop dot com, filled in the blanks, got it notarized and I was off to the races. I think there's a few different suppressor manufacturers that sell a similar trust to one like they sell at Silencer Shop dot com. I think they range in price from $100-$150. There could be benefits to going through a actual lawyer to have your Trust drawn up, not a lawyer so I can't answer that, but I'm waiting on can #6 and the one I have has been good to go so far.

I think a C-Note to do your transfer is a little high. Average cost in my area is $75 with a couple that'll do it for $50 but nearly all the rest want 75 bucks.

Originally Posted By: B23I bought my trust from Silencer Shop dot com, filled in the blanks, got it notarized and I was off to the races. I think there's a few different suppressor manufacturers that sell a similar trust to one like they sell at Silencer Shop dot com. I think they range in price from $100-$150. There could be benefits to going through a actual lawyer to have your Trust drawn up, not a lawyer so I can't answer that, but I'm waiting on can #6 and the one I have has been good to go so far.

I think a C-Note to do your transfer is a little high. Average cost in my area is $75 with a couple that'll do it for $50 but nearly all the rest want 75 bucks.

B23 is spot on, $50-$75 is about correct. I run $50 for first timers, Repeat customers are $35 per weapon.

You can also check with https://nfalawyers.com/
Dean is a stand up guy and is on top of the Trust. He is a shooter as well, and class III owner.

Originally Posted By: Chorizo$250-350 is the going rate in our area for a lawyer drawn trust.

$150 for a transfer.

Seriously?! WOW, that's borderline thievery! $150 to accept a transfer and fill out a Form 4, which only takes 5-10 min. max, is crazy and if I had a shop try and rip me off that bad just to do a transfer and fill out/send in a Form 4, I can promise you, I would go without, before I ever bought anything from that shop.

I went through Dean at NFA Lawyers and it has been a great experience. I've had a couple of questions regarding my trust and have had zero problems getting them answered right away. If I had to leave a message it was returned within 24 hrs... pretty impressive.

Back