Seniors at a coffee shop

azmastablasta

Seniors at a coffee shop

A group of seniors were sitting around at the Coffee Club talking about all their ailments.
"My arms have got so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.
"Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad, I can't even see my coffee."
"I couldn't even mark an "X" at election time because my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third.
"What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you,? said one elderly lady.
"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck,"
"My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another.
"I forget where I am, and where I'm going," said another.
"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head.
The others nodded in agreement.
"Well, count your blessings," said a woman cheerfully, "Thank God we can all still drive."

That is so true. Several years ago my wife and I are in wal mart in Jasper Tx. I hear and alod woman giving directions, stop here turn left,turn right, a little closer. and so on. I walk around the corner and watch these little old ladies buying their groceries for a while.

My wife has done home health in the area for years so she strikes up a conversation. No surprise to me that she knows them. She knows everyone and who they are kin too for 100 miles in each direction. Well she pushes the one in the chair for a while and insists on driving them home wnd helping them with the groceries and the 50 pounds of dog food since they have me to help them buy in bulk. When we get ready to leave my wife asks if I noticed anything funny? I said no, just a shame those sweet old ladies dont have any help from their kids. She then asks if I noticed that the one that was walking kept her hand on the buggy or on her shoulder as she pushed the other one? I said yes, and then she tells me that she is completely blind as in very dar shadows. Can not make out any shapes. She does the driving while the other gives directions.

that is the apprehensive laugh..

I sure wish the DMV would come up with something easy and fast to check to see if seniors are still safe behind the wheel.

Driving in AZ, you are reminded of this daily.

When I die I hope I go peacefully in my sleep-

Not kicking and screaming like the folks in the car with my Grandpa Bill.

Well today I got caught in line at Lowe's in the middle of 5 elderly ladies. They were obviously together as they were cackling up a storm!! Well, never being the shy one I asked if they wanted to hear a joke. Well, I hit them with "seniors at the coffee shop". Lord!!! I thought they were going to wet their undies they were laughing so hard. Made my day! Thanks azmastablasta.

Back