Threat Challenges 1010

Wile E Coyotie

its not often i take the Honda - but special circumstances -demanding the equipment - -i got up way up in the North corner of the bench - - Its a 300 foot rise on the landscape
rolling deep crevasse all full of den sites- The Honda just gets u there - u gotta move around on foot as its too steep and deep-once up there-

i snuck in 11:00 am - -i see a few coyotes before i get there and - they bug out-- I figure I am toast with them -- but know there r many so press on - plenty of deer to be seen-
I take the time to eat some lunch and let things settle down a bit----

Now in my nest - I can see before I start a single coyotie 600 yrd out in the cows due east --- walking amongst them like a daily habit- - its sunny and bright and she is glowing -beside the black calves--- they r almost like play mates challenging the coyote - - there seems to b no contention between them

I send out a friendly hello with howler -- and to my west (9 oclock) i get a threat challenge back right away ---I know what this means and pivot -gun Bipod and all and settle in knowing my range to b 157 yards to the fence line on top of the saddle - also I notice the coyote in with the cows -out there at 600 yards is closing into my sector

Cresting the Top along the fence line - screaming another threat challenge --he comes -- I am laying flat on my back on the hill side which is a 50 degree slope- and let him get plenty over the rim and committed before i started to wiggle into sitting up behind the big eye
--I could see he has noticed me moving - but confused slows down to a stop and catches ID#1009-- Male Sub adult- -white sable sable red

-i am well aware the gun makes a great boom and i am delighted to see - the one with the cows is still on a inward direction - I have to adjust a bit - but she has no hope and continues into 170 yrds - I am 50 feet higher in elevation and - caution my self not to over shoot- holding deep- and with a command bark - I send off my love - #1010 Female Sub adult -Dry- white sable white red --

just after this a large dogg came out of the North issuing threat challenges - he moved into behind a hill top on my sink cone and never showed himself again - a beef eater for sure super fat mayb a PG mommy ?---

I dropped the gear on sight after 25 mins - and started back to the Honda - walking the 200 yard back to the machine - i get 3/4 of the way there and here is a coyote on the cow path - sitting down looking at me - -- i am getting old for this game - and think i can run back and grab the swift and get this guy -- its hot and I am tired --i could shoot him with a pistol if i had it -- eventually he figures-- he need to smell what i am --so he works his way around to my wind --to find out he better run !!

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Back