Danner Ridgemaster Boots

AdamT

Thinking about getting a pair. I've owned many pairs of danners for work and use in the field. My go to hunting boot has been the pronghorn but thought about trying the Ridgemaster. It's made in USA where the pronghorn is imported. Just wondered if any of you guys owned a pair and if so how they preformed.

Originally Posted By: AdamTThinking about getting a pair. I've owned many pairs of danners for work and use in the field. My go to hunting boot has been the pronghorn but thought about trying the Ridgemaster. It's made in USA where the pronghorn is imported. Just wondered if any of you guys owned a pair and if so how they preformed.
Like you 1`ve only owned the pronghorn [200gr] thinking of getting the {1000gr or 1200gr} model for my michigan winter calling boots..

I ended up getting the ridge master in uninsulated. I like them a lot but not sure they are worth the extra $ compared to the pronghorn. I have pronghorns in 400gram and an older non insulated pair. I have a pair of boot blankets that slip over boots to use when it's very cold and I sit a lot. I like them because you can take them on/off really easy and pack them around when moving vs wearing the heavier boots that have 1000-1200 gram insulation.

I wear 200gram pronghorms in all weather temps and rarely have cold feet when calling. Out yesterday 0 degrees sat for over 30 minutes on a stand. Get a good pair of wool/blend socks and that will make a ton of difference. If your feet start to sweat due to walking and and you have too much insulation your feet will get colder faster.

Anyone tried a pair of these?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Danner-reg-Leather-Hikers/1203679.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_page%3D60%26CQ_search%3Dhiking%252520boots%26CQ_st%3Db

I have had two pairs of Pronghorns for 10 years. One is 600 the other is non-insulated. The 600's hardly get used.. The others have more miles than my back cares to remember. Both are in great shape and based on their durability and comfort, i wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair if needed.

Those plastic "rub points" they have on the boots are in the right places and are doing their job.

I don't have Danner Ridgemaster boots, but I have been wearing a pair of 8" Danner Sharptail uninsulated boots for hunting since the fall of 2003. They are very comfortable boots. They are probably the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned. I have had the shoemaker sew up some of the seams several times, but they are still going strong. When I replace this pair I'm looking at the 8" Danner Pronghorn with the scuff guards on the toes and the heels.

Danner Pronghorn

Back