Target Boycott Crosses 1 Million Signers, Stock Sinks by $1.5 Billion

azmastablasta

Target Boycott Crosses 1 Million Signers, Stock Sinks by $1.5 Billion
April 29, 2016 9:17 am

(Breitbart) – More than 1,000,000 people have signed the boycott pledge against Target, following the secretive decision by executives to open all of their stores’ bathrooms and changing rooms to people of both sexes.

Late Thursday night, roughly 75 people a minute were adding their name to the petition as it clicked over 1 million, just after 10:30 pm Eastern Time.

“That’s a million families who are going to spread the word about Target, so they may not get those customers back,” or their money, said Tim Wildmon, president of the American Family Association, which has hosted the boycott.

Target’s “management is just going to have step up here [and] say ‘We’re selling hammers and hats, we’re not into social engineering,’” he said.

he boycott was announced April 20 by the association, one day after Target revealed its decision to favor its few transgender customers and staff over the rest of the population. A study of the 2010 census data suggests that only about 1 in 2,400 adults change their names to match names used by the other sex.

Wildmon’s association wants to affirm people’s privacy in bathrooms and changing rooms, but also to block the progressives’ multi-front push to stigmatize and outlaw any recognition of the average differences between women and men, and between boys and girls. The LGBT agenda “is being rammed down people’s throats, and people are losing their jobs because of it, and it is becoming so that you can’t think differently from these people or you’re [called] a hater or a bigot,” he said.

Since the decision was announced, numerous comments, articles, and videos protesting the store’s one-sided decision have gone viral. Public opinion has moved and hardened in opposition to the previously bizarre notion of dual-sex bathrooms and changing rooms, and Target’s brand as a family friendly store has taken a hit, as the online conversation shifted from its claim of “cheap chic” to worries of privacy, sexual predators, and the anger at the company’s disregard for the reasoned judgement of its middle-class customers.

“This is how people can fight back — they’re not going to shop at Target,” said Wildmon.

Target, however, is not responding to customers’ opposition. “We certainly respect that there are a wide variety of perspectives and opinions. As a company that firmly stands behind what it means to offer our team an inclusive place to work — and our guests an inclusive place to shop — we continue to believe that this is the right thing for Target, company spokeswoman Molly Snyder said April 25.

Amid the turmoil, the company’s stock edged down from $83.98 per share on April 19 to roughly $81.33 in April 28.

That’s a loss of $2.65 per share, which chops the company’s stock market value by $1.5 billion, down to $48.8 billion.

The company’s Twitter, however, has been very inactive. The most recent tweet was sent out April 19, even tough the company has been sending out a tweet every two or three days in the first half of April.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/28/target-bathroom-boycott-crosses-1-million/

you know what will change target's mind on this fast? the first time some woman or child is molested in one of their bathrooms & they get sued.

yep.. first law suit, and it's all done.. But sinking stock prices, will also make them rethink it fairly fast.

It's time for the silent majority to speak up, and toss out Political Correctness.

I rarely went to target after they stopped selling anything associated with hunting or fishing many years ago. Never going back now. The dollar vote works. Pressure from stockholders makes a real difference.

I guess Starbucks is going along with this also. At least in the US. I doubt they will include all of the other Countries that they sell coffee in. Is Target International? If so I bet they are only doing this in the US.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishyou know what will change target's mind on this fast? the first time some woman or child is molested in one of their bathrooms & they get sued.

sadly - especially for the poor kid that it happens to - thats what its probably going to start to take to get some real reversal going.

hopefully the loss of income and the stock price falling will give them something to consider in the mean time.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishyou know what will change target's mind on this fast? the first time some woman or child is molested in one of their bathrooms & they get sued.

Simply a matter of the attorneys figuring out they can get rich on it, and no one has to get hurt... they have enough cases of women being filmed in dressing rooms by predators pretending to be transsexuals to make SEVERAL companies and government agencies rethink this stupidity. See the links bottom of the page...

https://www.afa.net/action-alerts/sign-the-boycott-target-pledge/

For instance were Macy's to have such a policy.

Oh yes... closing on 1.1 million signatures thus far!

If you can't laugh about some real world facts and perspective on this non issue you have no sense of humor or ability to think outside of fears and emotional responses.

The reality is that the people running the dialog about the horrors of transgenders or gays would prefer not to have to actually think about it at all, in fact it's safe to say this type of person hasn't ever really been thought about except for being disgusted at the idea.

So, talking transgender we are talking about a guy that looks like a woman and may be wanting or has had operations to change their sex (an idea I personally find pretty appalling, but hey, it doesn't affect me in any way).

I know for a fact I don't want some dude that looks like a lady standing next to me at a urinal, and my guess is that there isn't very many people on this forum that will say they don't have a problem with that either. The question is, "do you want a dude that looks like a lady whipping it out in the urinal next to you?"

A dude wearing a dress is far less noticeable in the lady's bathroom where they look like a woman, and they are going to be using a locked stall, not a urinal anyway.

That said (and feel free to have the stones to admit you hadn't thought of this)...

Target, and Starbucks are taking the only logical solution, the only way out of a no win situation by changing to either sex bathrooms, and here's the thing nobody that's over reacting to this is thinking about.

Either sex bathrooms have been around forever with the guy and girl in a dress symbol, hospitals have them and always have. And you know what goes with that territory? Locks on the doors, you aren't going to have a predator sharing the bathroom with a kid because the kid is going to lock the door and be in the bathroom by themselves. No business is going to have the multiple person type bathroom that has both guys and girls standing waiting for a urinal or stall, it isn't going to happen. Either sex bathrooms are the solution to total privacy.

So Target resorts to the logical solution that's been around forever and a million brain dead people that don't realize that this is the best possible solution sign a petition saying they will boycott them, and I don't for a second believe that most of the people signing this ever frequent Target anyway). I would be surprised if there is even a point drop in their business.

Ever have to use a bathroom at a grocery store? Half of them are in the back in the warehouse and are either sex bathrooms.

Stock tip, buy Target stock at the reduced levels, nothing has changed and it will go back where it was.

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: Stu Farishyou know what will change target's mind on this fast? the first time some woman or child is molested in one of their bathrooms & they get sued.

sadly - especially for the poor kid that it happens to - thats what its probably going to start to take to get some real reversal going.

hopefully the loss of income and the stock price falling will give them something to consider in the mean time.

The only thing they have to think about is that the decision to go to either sex bathrooms should have come with some comprehensive information explaining that this is actually the best possible solution to insure privacy and safety. It would be impossible to be or even feel threatened in a bathroom that is locked with only you in it.

So what is Target supposed to do? The store is at the mercy of the state as far as whatever laws the state wants to impose, the only thing they can possibly do different that negates the transgender thing is to make a bathroom available to either and provide a lock for the door.

no one is worried that an actual tranny is going to bother someone.

the problem is that if we're going to open them up to anyone, predators can use that fact to make it easier for themselves.

Originally Posted By: woodguru

Target, and Starbucks are taking the only logical solution, the only way out of a no win situation by changing to either sex bathrooms, and here's the thing nobody that's over reacting to this is thinking about.

Either sex bathrooms have been around forever with the guy and girl in a dress symbol, hospitals have them and always have. And you know what goes with that territory? Locks on the doors, you aren't going to have a predator sharing the bathroom with a kid because the kid is going to lock the door and be in the bathroom by themselves. No business is going to have the multiple person type bathroom that has both guys and girls standing waiting for a urinal or stall, it isn't going to happen. Either sex bathrooms are the solution to total privacy.

https://www.afa.net/action-alerts/sign-the-boycott-target-pledge/

Yo Genius... go to that link, scroll to the bottom of the page, and read a few of the articles offered there concerning this matter.

The problem is, it used to be illegal for a man to hang out in the ladies room, if he was caught there, he was carted off to jail. Now a sexual predator need only put a ribbon in his hair, and claim he's feeling feminine today and it's perfectly legal for him to be there.

As for this "identifying as" line of liberal politically correct B_S_...

-- I am relatively certain that if some 15 year old kid comes in and claims he identifies as 22, that Target will not sell him alcoholic beverages.

-- I am relatively certain that if some 12 year old comes in and claims he identifies as 19, that Target will not sell him tobacco products.

-- I am relatively certain that if some 25 year old comes in and claims he identifies as 72, that Target will not extend their senior citizens discount to him.

Your acceptance of this stupidity, is part of the problem, not part of the answer. You finding it humorous, proves your ignorance of reality.

Originally Posted By: woodguruIf you can't laugh about some real world facts and perspective on this non issue you have no sense of humor or ability to think outside of fears and emotional responses.

The reality is that the people running the dialog about the horrors of transgenders or gays would prefer not to have to actually think about it at all, in fact it's safe to say this type of person hasn't ever really been thought about except for being disgusted at the idea.

So, talking transgender we are talking about a guy that looks like a woman and may be wanting or has had operations to change their sex (an idea I personally find pretty appalling, but hey, it doesn't affect me in any way).

I know for a fact I don't want some dude that looks like a lady standing next to me at a urinal, and my guess is that there isn't very many people on this forum that will say they don't have a problem with that either. The question is, "do you want a dude that looks like a lady whipping it out in the urinal next to you?"

A dude wearing a dress is far less noticeable in the lady's bathroom where they look like a woman, and they are going to be using a locked stall, not a urinal anyway.

That said (and feel free to have the stones to admit you hadn't thought of this)...

So Target resorts to the logical solution that's been around forever and a million brain dead people that don't realize that this is the best possible solution sign a petition saying they will boycott them, and I don't for a second believe that most of the people signing this ever frequent Target anyway). I would be surprised if there is even a point drop in their business.

Ever have to use a bathroom at a grocery store? Half of them are in the back in the warehouse and are either sex bathrooms.

Stock tip, buy Target stock at the reduced levels, nothing has changed and it will go back where it was.

Wow, so nobody other than YOU is smart enough to come up with that, the "only" solution?

Oh my gut hurts from laughing. AT YOU.

You are wrong. There is another solution. It is called respecting BIOLOGY. You liberals claim to be all about science, but when science doesn't agree with your feelings you toss it out the window. How convenient. You mock religion because it is a belief, yet have the audacity to believe you can choose to disagree with biology. Typical liberal bs hypocrisy.

Well, it doesn't surprise me as your kind is all about non accountability. Just make it up as you go.

Wow...just wow

I'm guessing the future will be a line of individual bathrooms instead of the group rooms we're used to seeing. Not a bad thing IMO, being in the same room with someone having explosive diarrhea is oh so pleasant. Our local city pool was remodeled recently, they still have the group locker rooms but have also done a 1/2 dozen 'family' rooms with their own toilets and showers. I was on the diving team in highschool and have been naked/close to it in front of a bajillion people, plus on tv and in the papers (I was good). But changing in front of other peoples little kids makes me feel creepy
laugh.gif
so I use the private rooms when I take my son.

It will be more expensive to install, more expensive to maintain, but overall I think customers would be happier with them than the current setup. And then it bypasses all the PC crap. "Judy" can be queen of the desert all by herself.

From what I have read the transvestites have been using their choice of toilets for years. If they dress like a woman, they use the women's toilet, if it a woman and she dresses like a man, she uses the men's toilet. No they don't stand next to you, they sit in a stall.

If you don't believe it, ask yourself, have you ever seen a "woman" in the men's toilet??? They have to pee just like anyone else. Nope, they dress and act like a man, that "gentlemen" in the next stall may not have been a "gentlemen". Have you ever seen a woman transvestite enter the men's room or a male tranny enter the women's toilet. Nope??? Because they dress the part and most of the time you cannot tell the difference and it goes right past everyone.

Options, 2 more sets of toilets, one for the male tranny and one for the female tranny, or no toilets at all. Business will suffer either way. The expense of extra toilets will not be cheap. Get rid of the toilets in their entirety, I don't believe that will ever happen.

Back