Rifle length free float handguard

Got my BTE 15" handguard yesterday. Very nice finish and threading was cut smooth and fit was great. Now just to finish build. Thanks GLshooter

What adjustable gas blocks are you guys running with the gen 3 Midwest handguards? I would love to find a clamp on but not sure if there is one without spending a ton of money. I may just get a set screw BTE

Inside of BTE handguard is 1.750" and there is alot of room between guard and adjustable block. Easy to adjust with out removing guard with allen wrench.

Originally Posted By: bryan hAero Precision

[img:center]http://[/img]

Bryan, if you don't mind me asking, what length/make barrel, Nice gun!!

I like the looks of you're rifle...and that barrel is awesome! I know a couple people with that brand of barrel and they are tack drivers....

Rifle length BTE handguard in OD Green, should be in my mailbox by this evening. I will try and snap some pictures and post in my build thread for you guys to see.

BTE is too heavy and looks dated. If I wanted something cheaper like that I would probably go nordic OR I prefer midwest industries. you going to save at least 3 oz, which every bit matters to me. I would rather have all I can in barrel weight and save weight in every other area I can particularly the handguard, the next area is in my scope mount choice.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettBTE is too heavy and looks dated. If I wanted something cheaper like that I would probably go nordic OR I prefer midwest industries. you going to save at least 3 oz, which every bit matters to me. I would rather have all I can in barrel weight and save weight in every other area I can particularly the handguard, the next area is in my scope mount choice.

Go with an aero if you want light. I guess my reasoning for the BTE is I don't care for an excessive amount of rails all over my hand guard. To each their own i suppose.
I do like the midwest hand guard if running attachments out front.

I checked out the aero handguards, They are reasonably priced. the problem I see with them is they require shims to time them. I don't like the idea of putting a shim or even multiple shims between the barrel extension and the face of the upper like that. every time the gun fires the barrel whips alot more violently than you think if you watch slow motion firing on video. I don't like the idea of adding shims in that particular area.

Originally Posted By: NEfurtakerOriginally Posted By: steve garrettBTE is too heavy and looks dated. If I wanted something cheaper like that I would probably go nordic OR I prefer midwest industries. you going to save at least 3 oz, which every bit matters to me. I would rather have all I can in barrel weight and save weight in every other area I can particularly the handguard, the next area is in my scope mount choice.

Go with an aero if you want light. I guess my reasoning for the BTE is I don't care for an excessive amount of rails all over my hand guard. To each their own i suppose.
I do like the midwest hand guard if running attachments out front.

Aero hand guards don't have alot of rails all over them just the full length of the top and then you can add small section any where you like.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettI checked out the aero handguards, They are reasonably priced. the problem I see with them is they require shims to time them. I don't like the idea of putting a shim or even multiple shims between the barrel extension and the face of the upper like that. every time the gun fires the barrel whips alot more violently than you think if you watch slow motion firing on video. I don't like the idea of adding shims in that particular area.

If you run a Aero M4E1 upper you don't use shims for the barrel nut.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettI checked out the aero handguards, They are reasonably priced. the problem I see with them is they require shims to time them. I don't like the idea of putting a shim or even multiple shims between the barrel extension and the face of the upper like that. every time the gun fires the barrel whips alot more violently than you think if you watch slow motion firing on video. I don't like the idea of adding shims in that particular area.

I should have been more clear, I ment the aero scope mounts being really light and well built.
But yeah there handguards seem decent enough, but i agree not a fan of shims if using the std upper receiver.

Originally Posted By: HumpnessWhat adjustable gas blocks are you guys running with the gen 3 Midwest handguards? I would love to find a clamp on but not sure if there is one without spending a ton of money. I may just get a set screw BTE

Syrac Gen II works great

Back