Quote:"With a lot of blacks, there's quite a bit of resentment along with their dissent, and possibly rightfully so," he was quoted as saying.

"But we can't all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks.

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people."

Looking back at the last 8 years, I can without reservation state, that the man was not only a patriot, role model, and icon, he was also a visionary!

First off, let me state that, yes, I have always been a huge "Duke" fan. I have seen most, if not all, of his movies many, many times over. Even all of those short old black & white ones...including his attempts to be a "singing cowboy".

And I never met the man...so i don't know if he was racist or not.
Nor do I care if California does or does not want to create another local observance.
After all, I don't live in California.

That all being said....
Do we really need more frickin' holidays & observances, anywhere?

I mean, check out the following link.
Most of these I never heard of anyway.
Not to mention, that I'm surprised some of them (like the observance of Robert E. Lee's birthday) aren't cause for riots, in today's crybaby world.
(Especially after seeing people riot because they don't like Trump.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/

Not sure if the exhibits have changed or not, but if you ever get to Okla City, The Cowboy Hall Of Fame is a must see. I happened to be there in the mid 90's on a rainy day with time to kill. Extremely few people were there, I nearly had the place to myself. What a spectacular place. My favorite exhibit was the John Wayne room. The room is full of furniture from Wayne's home. Movie memorabilia, his Colt single action army with the yellowed grips and so many recognizable things. One of his couches was made from steer horns and it was facing a screen that played continuous Wayne movies. As I was the only one there at the time I sat on the couch, surrounded by his memorabilia and watched most of "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" as the thunder rolled outside and the rain dashed against the windows. It was surreal, like being at his ranch. A truly unforgettable experience.

There is a John Wayne exhibit at the NRA Firearms Museum at headquarters in Fairfax, Va., as well. Long live the Duke andRobert E. Lee!

Quote:Not to mention, that I'm surprised some of them (like the observance of Robert E. Lee's birthday) aren't cause for riots, in today's crybaby world.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Will. Maybe they won't notice.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Back