Interesting article exposing corruption in CA towards outdoorsmen

That state is going to figure out why you need a management program sooner or later..

Animal rights morons, never seem to understand and don't get that failed management programs lead to more suffering, rather than a healthy population based on carry capacity.

In a state that is already broke, they don't seem to get that allowing hunting will prevent them from having to pay someone to manage it vs. collecting enough to cover the costs of the bureaucrats to run the fish and game.

At some point the fish and game people are going to realize that hitching their wagons to the bunny lovers will leave them without a job, and a failed mess.

When 1% of the people in CA hunt, how important can hunting be?

I suspect every state has more voters that do not hunt and fish, than they have voters that do. We are the minority and it is not getting much better. This is why it is important to introduce new people who have never been hunting to the sport.

Great point Fursniper..

My wife doesn't hunt, and hasn't been around it before me. Her friends are the same way..

Now when they come to dinner i grill up Elk Steak/bugers.. I don't tell them ahead of time and at the end of dinner I mention that it's elk. Now they may not hunt, but they all agree that Elk is really good, and wouldn't support stopping hunting.

Small steps I guess.

One of the reasons I taught my daughters to hunt. Getting the next generation involved is crucial to the continued existence of our hunting heritage!

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZThat state is going to figure out why you need a management program sooner or later..

Don't count on it. When they wanted to protect the cougar they put it to the voters. Of course people who have no skin in the game said they should be protected. Now cougars have actually killed people in California and in Washington state where they enacted the same law the same way. Washington held the no dogs ban but did allow hunting of cougars. In California even if a cougar kills a human being I read where the authorities are supposed to look for a non lethal way of dealing with the cougar.

I moved away from California back in 1974.......before it went insane. There is no such thing as common sense in the state government anymore. It used to be localized in San Fransicko but now it's everywhere.

Originally Posted By: FursniperWhen 1% of the people in CA hunt, how important can hunting be?

We are the minority and it is not getting much better. This is why it is important to introduce new people who have never been hunting to the sport.

This is a sad truth.. Not so long ago, not having hunting skills dramatically increased you odds of not living thru the winter,,

I stopped hunting in California in 1976, I bought my last license in 1980. I have since hunted in NV, AZ, NM, TX and British Columbia, Canada. I have not missed hunting in California, I probably will never hunt here again.

I fished in California & had two boats, one I took up to Canada to my brother's house and fish every year there, the other has not been in the water since 2006. Since 2006, I have fished in Mexico, Belize, Nicaragua, Italy, and Canada. I have not missed fishing in California.

CALIFORNIA SUCKS DUE TO LIBERAL, COMMIE RULES & REGULATIONS!!

Originally Posted By: SwitchOne of the reasons I taught my daughters to hunt. Getting the next generation involved is crucial to the continued existence of our hunting heritage!

Switch Women that hunt and fish are worth their weight in gold. If the mother is behind hunting and  fishing the children will be strong supporters of it as well.

I was lucky that my father got us out of California in 1972. I have two aunts left and once they are gone I will never set foot in that state again.

If I am not allowed to go there as a free citizen of the United States I don't need to go there.

“We didn’t think Baylis was as balanced on the issues as he could have been,” said Carlson, who was executive director of the commission before 2010. “He went against some of the science-based recommendations of the department.”

George Kammerer, an attorney for the trappers, told The Times that at the end of the December commission meeting, Baylis wrote a check for the Fund For Animals while at the dais and handed it to Fearing in front of him.

“I was absolutely floored to watch Baylis write that check out sitting on the dais where five minutes earlier he was conducting the commission meeting,” Kammerer said. “I’ve never seen a more blatant conflict of interest.”

An absolutely frickin' disgrace!

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatJust stop speaking English and you can do whatever you want over there.
Stop speaking English and you can do whatever you want in most states anyways... I put toys together for my daughter and have to go to the back of the instructions manual to find the english... I have nothing against legal immigrants (Well that's actually a whole different topic that I probably shouldn't speak of publiclly.) but when I moved to Germany with my family the military told us "Remember you are going to their country, they arnt coming to yours, they dont have to speak English but you have to speak German." It should be the same way here. I went to school with legal immigrants who still didn't know how to speak english, it's ridiculous.

Back