where can i get a predator chair

Below is a photo of some of the cushions and stools that I use, and a general review.

From front left to rear right.

1. Generic closed foam cushion.
Pros; Light, easy to carry, inexpensive. Good as a loaner to someone who doesn't have their own equipment. Sets close to the ground for easier concealment.
Cons; Very little padding, no built in back support. Good for short term use only.

2. Browning cushion.
Pros; 2" thick padding and a built in back support. Backpack style carrying straps and can be used as an open backpack. This is a nice cushion for setting on the ground for a moderate period of time.
Cons; A little heavy and bulky for a cushion. Pricey, I think it was around $40.00.

3. Avery Outdoors stool.
Pros; This is a well built stool with a built in back support. Full cross member legs so it does not sink into soft ground. No seat padding but the webbing is comfortable for a moderate period of time. 9" seat height. Carry strap included.
Cons; Poor back support but does what it is designed to do at a price point of $25.00

4. Browning Turkey Chair.
Pros; This is far and away my favorite chair. It is as comfortable as any chair that I have ever used. 8" seat height. Excellent back support. Carry strap included. We use this as the shooters chair when we're predator hunting because it puts the shooter below the spotter.
Cons; A little heavy, pricey at $50.00

5. Houtz and Barwick (discontinued, but other brands are available)
Pros; Lightweight, well built, comfortable. 19" seat height. Carry strap included. We use this for the spotter chair when we're predator hunting.
Cons; A little "creaky" when you move around in it. The legs will sink into soft ground.

6. Redneck Outdoors Swivel Stool.
Pros; A premium hunting stool. Built like a tank. Silent swivel and good back support. Decent padding. Carry strap included. An excellent stool for a hunting blind where you plan to spend a long period of time. Adjustable seat height.
Cons; Heavy at 16 lbs. We only use it when we're hunting out of the Mule and don't have to carry it far. Pricey, right around $100.00 if i remember right.

To sum it up, if I could only have one, hands down I would choose #4 the Browning Turkey Chair.
When you get my age, comfort comes first and the Browning delivers.

I have a couple of cabela's gobbler loungers, never used them. I prefer standing & when I don't stand I use a stool. Might sell them. Getting too old to get up & down from that low LOL

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1570884&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=339a0d47ac1084523f3f87392ff8d01c&destination=%252Fuser%252Forder_details.cmd%253Fid%253DPrO0aDt2myvV%25252FKiEvbsnPQ%25253D%25253D%2526key%253D37b9c4461cf045c4aa8c826001f9e511

I use the #3 chair for years.

The only failure i have had in several that i have had is the back support poles poke through the top and bottom of the back rest after a year or so..

I fixed this by putting leather over the top and bottom of the 4 courners.

Now the only thing that goes wrong is when someone that EXCEEDS the max weight capacity busts the plastic clips.

#2 and #4 mostly, carry call etc. in the pack then sit in it on top of a turkey stool. cabelas chairs are less durable than the browning one. of course mine is the fat boy model rated for 300 plus. turkey thugs one was on sale for 20 bucks so i picked one up for a spare, also rated for 300 and better than the cabelas one imo. my partner has broken a couple of the cabelas models and he is not my size. the rivets are the weak point. my best turkey stool had 4 adjustable legs and i could set up most anywhere. but i guess it wasn't rated for 3 bills.

Anyone try the "Larry Chair" yet?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/camping/camp-furniture/camp-chairs-stools|/pc/104795280/c/104267880/sc/558326880/travelchair-reg-larry-chair/1770474.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcamp-chairs-stools%2F_%2FN-1115036%2FNo-48%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_558326880%3FWTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNP%26recordsPerPage%3D48

I bought one of these this year.
SLY DOG GROUND AND POUND CHAIR from Sportsmans outdoor products.
Works great and is very comfortable

After seeing the turkey char, I started using a folding beach chair. It is like a turkey chair but it has arms on it. Cheap too. I like cheap.

We've been using the Primos Double Bull chair.

https://www.amazon.com/Primos-Double-Bull-Tri-Stool/dp/B01B3A84HG

Not the lightest or the cheapest, but gets our butts, and eyes, above tallish grass. Unfolds quickly and is sturdy. In a pinch it can be used as a makeshift rest to shoot from, done that more than once.

I don't like the turkey chairs for where we call, puts me too low. I want to be up where I can see. As long as we pick our setup right, with some cover behind us to breakup our outline, sitting up higher is fine. The coyote should be focused on the call and decoy anyways.

Wanted to add that we use Primos Rapid Pivot bipod, sitting/kneeling height.

Last edited:
Back