Project Fangtooth Chronicles

Switch

Some of you may know that I write outdoor articles in my spare time. I really enjoy describing my outdoor adventures and including my daughters in those stories. I've also authored a couple of books as well.

I now find myself looking towards the next project; one I've been thinking about for a few years. I call it the Fangtooth Chronicles.

One of the things I've noticed when submitting articles to magazines is that editors really enjoy the stories of first time hunters, their experiences and the description of that first hunted animal no matter what species it is.

Here is my idea. I would like to ask the members if they would be interested in submitting a brief story (two-page) of a first time hunt of themselves or anyone they know (kids, friends, first time hunters etc.) One or two high resolution photos of the event is also a plus.

If needed, I'll edit the articles, categorize them into different species sections and compile them into a book called Fangtooth Chronicles. The author of each article will be listed directly under the title of the piece.

I already have 25-30 stories and I figure a total of 80-100 would be suitable for an average sized book. It doesn't matter what the species is (so far I have small game, predator (bobcats, coyotes) and big game).

The finished product would be available on Amazon.

If you'd like to see your son or daughter in print, describing their first time hunting, send me a PM and we can discuss.

As mentioned, this is just an idea I thought would be an excellent text to document first time hunts and to encourage new hunters to get involved.

As always, your responses are welcome.

Admin, please let me know if this is suitable to post.

Sounds like a fun project.

I've made a couple posts in the past year or so about hunts with my kids (doves, deer, elk) that might be of interest. I'm not a glory hound, but I think the kids would get a kick out of seeing their stories told.

Excellent idea and I wish you great success. Here is a video about a very successful program to introduce new people to the sport of hunting. Not sure if this will work for your needs, but here is the link.

Back