13 dogs in a day?

Originally Posted By: JeepyjerI did one local contest when they were still legal to give a prize in my state.I got 5 all called in a guy showed up with 15 and most didn't have a pipe in their mouth like the rules were stated and they won.That was it for me they still do it locally every year and people start 2 days before the contest because I see the spot lighters all over the country side.As long as they don't spot light my family ranch I leave the knuckle heads alone.Now I do the on line one for fun nphf. Know what you mean! Have personally seen it myself. And that's a cool option of card playing....lol, As for Sharpshooter, doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. At least for me, I hope it DOES'NT!...in one paragraph you say it gets harder and harder to call, next paragraph you say it easy to call in 13 or so?....don't mention good ground, because whether just hunting on your own or contest...we all look for good ground!...As for the WCCCC. It's only day hunting. That just made "Google" stock go up!

Last edited:
4 of us killed 17 on one stand in Mexico. Leading edge of a low pressure front, in a place that had never been hunted, coyotes and bobcats. Stands with 4-7 were very common. I took a first timer to Mexico down, he killed 7 on his first stand.

Back in that time, the State hunt(48 hours), it took 48-56 animals to win.

Originally Posted By: ackleyman4 of us killed 17 on one stand in Mexico. Leading edge of a low pressure front, in a place that had never been hunted, coyotes and bobcats. Stands with 4-7 were very common. I took a first timer to Mexico down, he killed 7 on his first stand.

Back in that time, the State hunt(48 hours), it took 48-56 animals to win. Oh yeah...I believe it...had a few buddies hunt down in Mexico, they were killin more than they could handle....lol. Wanted to try it, but not to sure or comfortable taking my weapons across the border? Maybe an outfitter would be an option?

You guys are lucky. We tried to have a contest up here in Ontario. The antis won, game wardens and government sided with them over hunters. Made us out to be a bunch of blood thirsty killers. Sick of this hippie province, might have to move out west

Originally Posted By: DVXDUDEYou guys are lucky. We tried to have a contest up here in Ontario. The antis won, game wardens and government sided with them over hunters. Made us out to be a bunch of blood thirsty killers. Sick of this hippie province, might have to move out west That certainly sux! And you guys up their have some beautiful land! Sounds like France?...

Back