Who is shooting factory ammo in their 22-250 Tikka

Smokin Barrel

I recently purchased a Tikka T3 in 22-250. It has probably been more than a decade since I bought factory ammo. I just wanted to buy a few hundred rounds of something that shoots decent before I started reloading. So what have you guys found that shoots ok?

The only factory ammo that shoots well in my Tikka t3 lite 22-250 is the "Remington" 45 grain jacketed hollow point.

I have tried all the other factory brands vmax's ballistic tips included...

nothing else groups as good as the green and white box remington 45 hollow points . go figure.... they are the cheapest factory ammo of them all. and they kill coyotes too which is a plus.

I shoot Hornady 55g vmax. Shoots very well out of my Tikka. I have shoot the Superformance as well, but the vmax is a bit cheaper and kills coyotes just as good

I have a Tikka T3 lite in 22 250...The Hornady Superformance does not group well for me...Currently shooting 50 grain Barnes Vor-tx and shoots sub .5 groups @ 100 yards which is very acceptable for factory ammo. Also, believe it or not, the best group I shot out of the gun was Winchester white box 45 grain hp. (The kind you buy in 40 round bulk pack at Wally World.) I put 3 shots nearly in the same hole. Fluke deal I guess with junk ammo but was still impressed...Overall, for factory, im pleased with Barnes.

I had very good luck with the Federal loading that ran the 55gn Sierra gameking hollowpoint. I think it was the V-Shock or Vital Shock. Sold the rifle several years ago, but that little thing shot better than it should have.

Several years ago, when we were shooting 22-250 for prairie dogs, the ammo of choice was Winchester white box (think it was 45 gr). We bought them at Wally world, and they were very accurate in everyone's gun. I was shooting them in my Tikka varmint with great results.

Back