Good Success With Alpha Dogg and Stray Cat?

Boosted98gsx

Has anyone used these in conjunction (tethering the two with an audio cable for "control")? The stray cat dropped below $50 recently, and so now I have it to add to my alpha dogg.

Don't worry, I did my research and know of the battery draining noise issue with the call, so I have some Panasonic Enerloop Pro rechargeables for both the call and decoy. Just wondering if people have used this combo with success.

Thanks!

I have a AD, have to look at the stray cat. You are right. On ALL these high power callers, good batteries are a MUST. 99% of the noise complaints can be solved by using high-quality, well charged batteries.

Ive shot about a dozen coyotes using the stray cat w/my shockwave.
I returned it though as its just to bulky to haul all over.
IMO a simpler decoy does the same trick.

Originally Posted By: 5spdIve shot about a dozen coyotes using the stray cat w/my shockwave.
I returned it though as its just to bulky to haul all over.
IMO a simpler decoy does the same trick.

I've got the primos sit n spin critter, but with the timer, it seemed to "canned" to attract much. I like the audio activation of the stray cat to help the decoy be more realistic and random.

Originally Posted By: Boosted98gsxI've got the primos sit n spin critter, but with the timer, it seemed to "canned" to attract much.

think you are giving the predators way to much credit.

Hey, I say if it works for you, go for it! At least for me, not much of a fan of decoys. And I have many in my arsenal. For cats, I do like them. (Sometimes) But again, what works for some, may not work for others...much luck to ya'! Btw, how do you like that caller? I use the Foxpro Shockwave or the Fusion. And to add, my kid just loves that little Turbo dogg...and has called in plenty...lol...sorry, but if you don't mind, where did you find that decoy for under $50....??? That's a great price!

Last edited:
Well the stray cat brought in a cat, but it was no bob, just a stray feral. It just sat there looking at the decoy. Unfortunately, I didn't have a weapon sighted in for 30 yards to take the shot.

Back