Where to buy a 6.5x284 barrel for ruger Mark ii target rifle

You'll either have to have a gunsmith fit a used barrel, chàmber and fit a new barrel or send the action off to one of the barrel makers that will chamber and fit one of their barrels. You can't just screw in a barrel and headspace it yourself in a Ruger like you can with a Savage or a Rem with a Ramage barrel.

If you use a gunsmith you will have to make sure he has the correct reamer, otherwise you will have to buy or rent a reamer.

I've used PacNor a couple of times and ER Shaw for a çouple also, they have all shot well.

Last edited:
If you're willing to try finish chambering, you CAN buy short chambered barrels and install them yourself. Just costs a bit to rent the reamer, action bushings and handle, and go/no-go gauge set, and of course, if you screw up, you gotta have a smith set back the barrel and start over.

Originally Posted By: gary paughBlack hole weaponry makes barrels for ruger rifles.

Yes they do in 6.5X284 but they are the Savage style do it yourself set up. They also do it for the Remington.

Greg

That's interesting, I had only heard of the nutted barrels for Remington, they must have gone over well enough to supply for less common rifles. Do they do others also?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: AWSThat's interesting, I had only heard of the nutted barrels for Remington, they must have gone over well enough to supply for less common rifles. Do they do others also?

Thanks

Mossberg I believe. They have sold only a few Remingtons that I know of. The new Ruger Precision is one they are interssted in. They decided to do them because they could not because there was a huge clamoring for them.

Greg

Back