.~:Feathers & FUR:~.

Infidel 762

Staff member

Friday's quick hunt after work.. Grabbed a snake;

These are by far the fastest snakes in my area;

Ol' three legs got all shot up;

Saturday and Sunday's forecast;

So my daughter and I thought we would try for turkey.. She took one out, despite the wind;

Time in the field with my daughter;

With the right set of eyes; one can clearly see that in a hard world; daughters can soften ones heart...

.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Good times, my friend. It don't get any better than that!
thumbup.gif

Regards,
Clarence

Nice goin', I've been waiting for you to throw a turkey in to the mix
smile.gif

I'm ashamed to admit I've made not one attempt at Turkey this go round so far.
Say, what happened to the back half of that coyote lol?

Last edited:
First off...Congrats on both the coyote and the turkey/daughter time!

Secondly though...man, you are one crazy fella!! There's no way that I want to get near a snake, let alone pick one up & have it stare at me!!! Hahahahaha

Good stuff, Infidel. Quality time spent with your daughter is about as good as it gets. I have to agree with Will about the snake. No like Mr. Tight Eyes.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762 With the right set of eyes; one can clearly see that in a hard world; daughters can soften ones heart...

Couldn't agree more. Great story.

Uh oh Dad, I've raised two of those girls and a son. I always liked to be cleaning a gun when the date showed up and curfew was discussed. HAHA! Looks like you're raising her the right way. It probably means more to her than you know. Good on ya!

Very nice! My eldest daughter and I hit the forest this weekend for turkeys too. Our success was measured in good times rather than turkey breasts, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Fill em with lead until they are dead ! Love the pics. Big congrats to your daughter, nice shootin !!!

Keep after them !

Infidel 762--I always enjoy your posts and this one is no different. Congratulations to your daughter on bagging that turkey and congratulations to you on getting her interested in hunting. You'll both have a life-time of pleasant memories to look back on.

Thank you all for kind words about my daughter

James, I already shot my limit on spring turkeys.. Also I fired more shots on that stand than I care to admit..

Will and possumal, that is a coach whip snake, they are completely harmless..

Country, that wheat is grazed to nothing.. All the heads have been eaten off.

Bob, I can't speak from experience "yet", but I am sure the same holds true for granddaughters.. Maybe like Flintrock, I will be cleaning a firearm when she starts going out on dates..

Atd, we just had golf ball size hail in our area, James prolly got hit in Cleo Springs-Fairview..

Silverfox, I look forward to your posts to.. Wish I could remember times and details like you.. I'm looking forward for your next write-up, it has been a while since you posted..

Again thank you all for the nice words about my daughter..

Troy, I would not trade it for anything either.. I asked if she wanted to go opening weekend and she already had her own plans.. Was kinda bummed.. She has a twin sister and younger brother that have no interest in hunting.. My son will go out once and a while and shoot off rounds but he has no patience or perseverance to hunt.. My other daughter does not have the heart to shoot anything..

Just had time to sit down for the first time tonight, awesome post, you always share some great pics with stories as well. With this post as they say a picture is worth 1000 words and the pictures say it all. Great family time
Garry

Infidel, Congrats to you and your daughter! Always look forward to your posts and pics. You are certainly a "connoisseur" of words. May be a dumb question, but did you dismember that leg completely with one shot?

Thanks Gary

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvInfidel, Congrats to you and your daughter! Always look forward to your posts and pics. You are certainly a "connoisseur" of words. May be a dumb question, but did you dismember that leg completely with one shot?

That coyote only had 3 legs.. The 40 grain VMax splashed just above his nub.. I have shot them before missing a leg but never one missing the whole thing like that..

Back