Thoughts on Remington R25

6mm06

Just curious to hear reports about the Remington R25, basically the accuracy potential as well as pros and cons.

Pal has had his for 3 yrs now with no issues.
Darned accurate with 58-95g bullets & stock 20" bbl.
He stuck a 4lb timney trigger in it and that was 1000% difference than the stock junk triggers.
He took off the 20" bbl and put on a 22" lite sporter from BHW, now its even more accurate.
Heavy like all AR10s though.
No issues smacking 700 yard steel either.

It's a DPMS just camo. I had one in 7-08 that wasn't terribly heavy and been around a few 308 that were all good shooters.

I have had 2 of them (243win) and they both shot very well and functioned great. They are a little heavier than most AR15s but very manageable..

I have had one since they first came out. It shoots the 70gr NBT with my hand loads very well. The only thing that I have done to it is change out the factory trigger to a RRA NM2 with JP springs. It does sit in the safe a lot due to the weight. But it is very accurate for a factory gun.

Mine is a first run .308, three digit serial number. My wife bought it for me when they first came out. It is a sub moa gun and I love it.

06 I have a Smith and Wesson M&P Ar10 in 308. It comes with a 18" pencil profile Barrel. I put a Midwest Ind. Slim Profile Handguard and a Syrac adjustable gas block, CTR stock. It weighs 7 lbs with no optics. Lighter than a DPMS 308 or Rem R25.
It's a serious Feral Hog Killing Machine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bryan hNow that's a load of BACON!!!
yep lot of bacon. that's only the 9 we killed out 50 + head that was flushed out of a field During Harvesting late one evening.

Wow Crowkiller. That is some good hunting and shooting. I like your rifle setup.

What kind of accuracy are you getting from your M&P?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Wow Crowkiller. That is some good hunting and shooting. I like your rifle setup.

What kind of accuracy are you getting from your M&P?
With a 6.5x25x50 Leupold Day Scope and 165 Sierra HP's I was getting a solid 3/4 moa. After mounting the Night Vision or thermal 1-1.25 moa. The parallax issue thru Thermal and or Night Vision.

Back