FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Borkon's thread about the new cover of Simon & Grafunkle's song, by what I call a "death metal" band, got me to thinking about a few other songs that have been covered over the last few years, by "loud" bands.............

And yes, I posted this particular video on purpose.
I remember 30 years ago, when Ginger Lynn actually was hot (IMHO). (Ah my misspent early 20s.....)

A little Pre-Hump Day song list.........Take a little trip back........

This first one is for anyone who was a young male fan, of "I Dream Of Jeanie". Barbara Eden was hot...and she had some interesting "moves"!!!!
Oh, and she could sing, too. Hahaha

When folks think of Jim Croce songs, most people think of "Bad Bad Leroy Brown", "Operator", or "Don't Mess Around With Jim".

Here's a few of my faves, that didn't get as much radio play...........

Can never go wrong with the Bare.
I have to admit, that is the first time I have heard his version of the Cowboy & the Poet. I've always only heard Tom T. Hall's version.

Earlier this week, as most people now know, Country legend Merle Haggard passed.
I grew up on Country music, as that's all my folks ever listened to when I was a kid.
Merle was, no B.S., my all-time favorite singer.

In 1995, after a concert, I had the singular privilege, of being asked to join him on his tour bus...so he could autograph some items for me & a friend of mine.
Unfortunately, over the last 20 years, during moves I have lost those items.
But, I will NEVER loose that memory.
It is a cherished one.

Below is a mix of some of my favorite Haggard songs (there are so many!!!!!).
Some of these songs y'all will know from the radio.
Others most people wouldn't know, unless they had his LPs or CDs.

Back