Which Flash Hider / Suppressor

6mm06

Question: Is one flash hider better than another with regards to the actual flash that is seen? I realize the A2 is fairly common. I am not talking about a can/ suppressor, but rather a flash suppressor.

What I am getting at is that I plan to use a digital night vision scope (Photon 6.5x model) and wish to record video. The digital scopes are notorious for the bloom effect or white-out at the shot. I am wondering if a particular type of flash hider will offer more reduction in flash and perhaps allow better video and a good view, or quick recovery in view once the shot is taken?

An A2 flash hider is cheap and effective.

If you want a "high-end" flash hider, then a Vortex Flash Hider or BE Meyers 249F Flash Hider is likely what you want.

High End flash hiders won't make great comps or brakes.

Last edited:

Well, I may be asking for something that doesn't exist, but I do like the "reading" about the BE Meyers. I would need to place it on a 6.8 SPC, so not sure if one is available for that caliber or not, or if they all are for 5.56?

My main desire, as mentioned, is for reduction of flash for night vision use as well as quick recovery time when shooting and cutting down on white-out at the shot.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Well, I may be asking for something that doesn't exist, but I do like the "reading" about the BE Meyers. I would need to place it on a 6.8 SPC, so not sure if one is available for that caliber or not, or if they all are for 5.56?

My main desire, as mentioned, is for reduction of flash for night vision use as well as quick recovery time when shooting and cutting down on white-out at the shot.

You didn't mention what thread pattern your barrel is threaded yet, but they do make them in 5/8x24: 5/8x24 BE Meyers Flash Hider

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersYou didn't mention what thread pattern your barrel is threaded yet, but they do make them in 5/8x24: 5/8x24 BE Meyers Flash Hider

My mistake. I should have been more thorough in stating my intentions.

I appreciate the advice.

I run vortex and think it is a big improvement in flash reduction over an A2. The Daniel Defense flash hider works well also.

I have an AAC blackout on a 5.56 carbine. It seems to be pretty good but it chimes like a tuning fork.

AdamT,

I saw a video on the AAC Blackout. It greatly reduced the muzzle flash but it did sound like a tuning fork like you mentioned.

Just this evening I found a video comparing a lot of flash hiders. Looks like the JP Enterprises one showed a better score than the others.

Here's a link.

I would like a decent flash hider for a 6x45 and a 308. I am thinking / hoping that if I had the barrels threaded properly that I could also use a suppressor at some future date.

Back