got my cz .204

mkeller72

I picked up my new cz .204 varmint yesterday, very good looking gun. I cant wait to shoot it after i get my range built. The only thing i have noticed is i need to adjust the creep in the trigger and the stock to barrel fit is to tight to slide a dollar in. The set trigger feels awesome, shouldnt have any trigger flinch with that! I mounted one of my simmons 4.5x14 atv scope on it, i have had very good luck with them. I own 3 and just purchased 1 and maybe 2 more. Not an expensive scope at all but works for me fine.

With my kevlar varmint, it was very sensitive about stock contact even a little, After removeing the gun from the stock, I think it sat a little different and had slight contact with the stock, the groups would not go below .75-moa couldn't figure out what the problem was, cause rifle would average in the mid .5's all day for 5 shots. finally I sanded the forend area, and bingo accuracy is right back and even a little better.

As to adjusting the trigger, both my CZ's had nice set triggers but the regular trigger was sucky. First I went to the CZ site and got the instructions, on both rifle mearly adjusting the takeup screw solved the creepyness in the regular trigger, My carbine had such a light set trigger it would go off if you snacked the butt stock on the carpet, So I just adjusted the little screw on the bottom by the trigger. So check and make sure you set is not too light by snartly hitting it on the carpet in your house, this has kinda become my procedure for getting a new CZ ready to go

On my CZ's I have found that they have more barrel stock contact than I would chose, BUT (the Big But) they shoot great! The trigger are SO good I have not wanted to mess. Just got my CZ 550 AM in 6.5 X 55 getting buglets ready now. My 223 Carbine is incredible for a rifle that size, IT JUST SHOOTS, anything and well.

mk22: Do ya like the Varmint. I really want anoter 204, I had hoped they would make the 204 in the kevlar as well as the wood, there is always next year. I am gonna get one of there pistols, however, their stuff is just TOO GOOD. You see all the ohter makes and your just standing there thinking 'This does not come close to my CZ!'!

PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW IT SHOOTS?

Last edited:
MarkA,
Good news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif,
If you look here at www.cz-usa.com/01.detail.php?id=13 you will find the Varmint Kevlar in .204.
It has just come out for 2005.
Hope this makes your day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Fox: You owe me $600! Seriously, I guess you better be sure what ya wish for. Here I go again, this will be 4 CZ's. Ya gotta love 'em! How accurate is a CZ in Kevlar in 204, it must be AWESOME!

MarkA,
what all calibers do you have in the cz? I am wanting one in .221 fireball, .22 hornet, and possibly .22-250. I havent had a chance to shoot my new .204 yet but will let you know when i do.

MarkA-- Is there any truth to the rumor that CZ is going with a trapdoor & dropping the clip on some of there rifles?? Just wondering if you'd heard anything like that too. Heck,, has anybody but me heard this??lol

Answers:
MK: I have 3, so far. I have the 527 American 223 Rem in English Walnut, 527 American Carbine 223 Rem and the 550 American in 6.5 X 55 Swede.

Glen: My 550 has bottom metal, trapdoor, for unloading (no mag) and can even be had in a 3 position saftey.

With the set trigger they are incridble shooters. My 527 American will even shoot 69 gr MatchKings into groups so tiny you cannot believe it. I keep my targets to remind me. My carbine will shoot the UltraMax so well I do not reload unless special for 223. The American English Walnut is so beautiful that it is my White Tail rifle now and the Carbine is my rabbit rifle.

Can you imagine how well a 204 in a Kevlar stock w/ an Aluminum bedding plate and a set trigger with 24 inches of barrel is going to shoot. This is gonna be a spectacular rifle.

CZ's tend to multiply and reproduce at least at my house they do. Someone PM'd me and said the LOP issue has been solved on the kevlar varmint, so I guess I better start saving up for one in 204 my 223 kevlar may get lonely or something.

Mark A give us a range report on that CZ in 6.5 swede

Steve: Glad to. Am coming up with some new loads now for deer season. Using Randy's COL gauge you can get some really cool stuff. The 6.5's mag well is large enough to accomedate some LONG rounds. I am loading some Nosler 125gr Part's now at 3.15. Man after SO much 223 and 204 this Summer that is some LONG! round! This rifle is/must be throated for the 160's. I will let ya know, messing w/ 4350 and 4320, thinkin' 'bout some Varget.

I've got to chime in and say that I love my CZ 550 Anerican in 243 win. It has never let me down. The feel of the rifle is great for me, and I was able to ajust the triger to where I wanted it with ease. I use a 50mm. Nikon Buckmaster 3x14 scope on it with great success. I also have had all everything but the stock and bolt Moly-Coated to cut glare and protect it.
23.jpg

22.jpg

Back