AE 223 brass?????

ohihunter2014

found 250 new AE 223 brass for under $50 wondering whats your experience? older reviews say loose primer pockets but they are around 4-5yo.

whats your thoughts? newbie here so trying not to waste money or have issues.

U can get 500 once fired lake city at Brass Bombers for $55 shipped. Good stuff. Oh, and that's deprimed tumbled and crimp removed.

Last edited:
Lake City is quality stuff in 223. Always was the toughest and most consistent of the different brands i played with. As the others have said I'd choose that for the money.

Last edited:
as the others have mentioned - dont pay more than 10 -12 cents per for 223 brass - unless its a premium brand like some Lapua or the like. 20 cents each is post sandy hook pricing, or someone who just doesnt realize that their range gold is not quite so golden anymore now that the nato brass is plentiful again.

for lake city at around 10 cents per price point i would expect at least partly processed - at the very least deprimed and the primer pockets swaged - and more than likely you can get fully processed at that price range if you shop around. that's not unrealistic for lake city.

raw brass (fresh range pickup) can be had for few cents each cheaper if you're willing to put in the time on the primer pockets. there's a guy over on the blackout forum selling raw lake city at $45/1k - a large flat rate box will hold 2400 and delivers for right around $124 (5.1c each) i think it is? clicky for link

he's also got 7.62 LC for good deals too. i picked up a box of it from him and it was like $0.09 each for raw LC 7.62 delivered. he does cull them too when he's sorting the TAA from the LC too so there was only a couple pieces i had to 86 when i was sorting. the cull rate for my box was under 1%.

FWIW - federal commercial brass have crimped pockets that will need to be processed too.

ive got some FC brass thats on its 4th cycle so far, but that was fired in my guns and i'm not loading them anywhere near max so i expect at least a couple more batches before they go to the round file due to the primer pockets loosening up. they all felt pretty good when i reprimed them last time.

Back