Announcement of American E-Shot --Extreme Long Range Use (Shotgun)

TXCOONDOG

Got my 2015 catalog today from Bucks Run and this was on the front page:

Last page:

Since this is a 2015 catalog, has anyone tried this new wonder or have additional information ?

Derby,

I should've known as you're always on top of this non-toxic stuff
smile.gif

I'm new to reloading shotshells and would like to hear (read) more about HW13 with real world experience.

HW13 shot is right at 13g/cc shot. It is round and very consistent on the sizes.

You can get HW13 shot in sizes #6, #4, #2, BB and T shot.

I have reloaded quite a bit of HW13 shot using BPI's Handloading Hevi-Shot manual and RSI's Reloading Heavyweight Shot Reloader's Guide Volume 3.

BPI and Bucks Run both sell the wads that they use in these two loading manuals.

HW-13 is a hard shot that shouldnt be loaded in older shotguns just those approved for steel. American E shot is a soft non-toxic like Bismuth and ITX-10 and safe for older shotguns. American E shot has had a reputation around the waterfowl world of fracturing much like the early Bismuth. It would be the interesting to see how it holds up to çoyotes. I will sày the price is right compared to everything else.

I shoot a lot of ITX-10 in my old shotguns for ducks and BB's for non-toxic in my drilling and combo guns.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOG

Quickly learning that density is king!

Keep your eyes open for Remington Wingmaster HD, Winchester Xtended Range, Hevi-Shot and Federal Heavyweight ammo. Some places that have had it for years don't know what it is worth and put very low prices on it to get rid of it.

The classified ads on different web-sites are also a great place to get great deals on denser than lead loads.

Sometimes the price is so low just the shot in the loaded factory loads sell for 2 to 3 times more than what the factory shells sell for.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...797#Post2068797
Check out the above link.

IMG_7754.jpg

I ended up taking the Rem HD BB shot out of over ten cases of the 2-3/4" 1-1/4 oz UHD loads that I bought for $7.98 or $9.98 per box of ten shells.

Back