17 cal 30 grain bullets

80charlie

Evening all,
Here in the UK,we have no home manufacturer of 17 cal bullits, basically we can only get whatever Hornady make.Nothing wrong with that, in fact I really like their Vmax 20 grainers.However, I also do very well with my remaining stock of Berger 30's.Now I know that Todd Kindler produces 30 grainers, but he wont ship to the UK.I have also read on the forum, of a bloke called Chan, who also produces 30's. May I ask, does anyone on here have an email address for him, as I would like to find out if he can ship over to Blighty.Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire,as its way past me'bobo time and I haven't even had me'storey yet.
Cheers Chaps
Nick.

HIS quote
The bullets weights that I offer are 20gr ; 25gr and 30gr. In the 20gr and 25gr I offer 3 different meplats and in the 30gr only 2 different meplats. The meplats that I offer are : (1) V-046 which has about .047's hollow point. (2) TGV-046 has about .045's hollow point (3) T-000 meplat is as small as I can swage it down to with out messing things up. With the 30gr the two meplats are the V-046 and the T-000. The ogive is a # 7 and I use J-4 jackets and my bullets are all naked. The bullet coating I leave that to the customer. There is no automation every thing is done by hand.

It was 20.00 a box but I do not know if he ships outside the USA. I am quite sure our Federal Government gets involved with that.
Oh he did say the T-000 meplat is more Fur friendly.
I will tell you that I have checked into making my own bullets and I do know a few guys that are benchrest shooters and make their own bullets. It has been told to me several times that the best bullets, and most accurate, are made by hand.

I ordered bullets from Chan a couple months ago. He's now making his own jackets and due to that the cost per 100 is up to $30. He's a joy to do business with and the bullets look to be of excellent quality. I hope he's able to ship these little critter gitters to you boys across the pond. Best of luck to ya.

Chan quit making 17's and has shipped his last batch to me
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: borkonChan quit making 17's and has shipped his last batch to me
smile.gif

Really? How long ago was this?

Me thinks he's pulling your chain
crazy.gif

Many thanks,chaps for your replys,most helpful. I have heard of the Nagel bullets, but didn't make the Chan connection. I will endever to make direct contact with him and see what can be done, if anything.I have no problem with the Hornady product whatsoever, but as I am sure some of you will agree,when you get your kit just as you want it, you want EVERYTHING to be as good as it can be.....bullets included. Anyway, see how I get on, and thanks again.
Big love
Nick Browning from Blighty.

.17 Longshot said:
I ordered bullets from Chan a couple months ago. He's now making his own jackets and due to that the cost per 100 is up to $30. He's a joy to do business with and the bullets look to be of excellent quality. I hope he's able to ship these little critter gitters to you boys across the pond. Best of luck to ya. [/quote

I'm pretty sure that I was paying in the region of £30 for Berger 30's a couple of years ago, here.

Back