Doubled up this morning

Seebass

Went out this morning with a friend. We made 6 stands, saw 6 coyotes, I was able to call in 4 of them. A double came in on the first stand. I saw the first coyote at 6 minutes 350 yards out as it sat down. After a pause I played Vole Squeeks and it started out way. It came in inside a shallow gulley and popped it's head up over a hill busting us and turning and running off. It had only been 8 minutes so I continued calling. I shot the female at 100 yards at 11 minutes. It appeared out of nowhere and was trotting away a few seconds after I gave a howl on Mr. Mouthy. A true Ghost Dog!!

On the third stand my friend missed a head on running shot at 80 yards AFTER we watched it come in for 100 yards thinking it was a jackrabbit!! My bad!!

On the fifth stand at 2 minutes this male came in from behind a rock 20 yards away! It touched the caller and after a couple of steps I dropped him at 25 yards!! This was a BIG old coyote!

We were back at the truck by noon!

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Thanks guys! The VMax unzipped the female at 100 yards for some reason. The 25 yards shot, I couldn't find an entrance or exit. Go figure! Usually their pretty good.

Originally Posted By: SeebassThanks guys! The VMax unzipped the female at 100 yards for some reason. The 25 yards shot, I couldn't find an entrance or exit. Go figure! Usually their pretty good.

Are you shooting Hornady Superformance ammo or are you loading the vmax with your own recipe? I was shooting Superformance but could not get it to group well at all....Best I could do was about .80 out of my Tikka T3...so I switched to Barnes Vor-tx and not put them hole through hole.

Back